21: 𝐒𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐘𝐨𝐮

5 Years Later

I sighed heavily as I sat in the parking lot of my daughter's school. I had to leave work again — for the third time — because Esmeralda got into another fight. Sometimes I think I had a boy for a daughter. Groaning, I climb out of the black Rolls-Royce and walk into the preppy school. Students walked around me as they hurried to class in their preppy rich kid's uniforms. As much as I hated this school — it was the best one in Maimi for kids her age.

"Mr. Hernandez! What a pleasure seeing you here...again!" The receptionist — Ms. Joyce — smiled widely showing off botched lipstick that had smeared on her teeth.

"Hi Ms. Joyce, I'm here to pick up my daughter. I'll just sign her out and be on my way." I nodded curtly to the older lady — She had to be in her late fifties. She smiled and twisted her faint blonde locks around her wrinkly finger as she batted her blotchy mascara-covered eyes.

"She's sitting in the waiting room." She pointed to the familiar door and I nodded before heading straight to it. Opening the door I was greeted with a teary-faced Esme. Her braid crown I did for her — which took me forever — was out and messy as if someone had pulled it. Her knees were wounded with open cuts and scrapes that bled out bright red.

"Come here, bebita."

She immediately got up and ran into my open arms, crying.

"What happened, baby. Who did this to you?" I softly asked hugging my little girl tightly as I secretly seethed inside. This was the third time I had seen Esme out bruised up. What pissed me off more was the purple-black eye that was making a home on his face. "Tell me what happened, Who did it?"

She shook her head as she clung to me for dear life. "I just want to go home papá, Please." She cried frantically, drenching my dress shirt in her tears.

I sighed before grabbing my daughter's small hand and leading her out of the room. Joyce gave me that stupid, unattractive, messy lipstick smile and waved her scrunty fingers at me. I huffed and stopped our movement making Esme paused with a questioning look.

"Go to the car, sweetheart. I've got you something for your birthday." I grinned and kissed her forehead softly.

She raised one of her messy brows in worry. I smiled and nodded my head towards the exit. "Go on, I need to ask the receptionist."

"Your...Y-Your not going to try to flirt with her, are you? W-What about mommy?" She mumbled fumbling with her fingers.

I quirked up a brow and nudged her playfully with my shoulder. "Why would you say that babygirl? I could never forget Adaline."

"W-Well I saw Jenny's daddy flirting with her...Jenny said that her daddy likes Ms. Joyce in a romantic way."

I scoffed and looked back at the old woman. "Yeah well, I don't give a wink about that old bat," She smiled shyly with pink tinting her small cheeks. "Now go, There's a surprise in the car along with some bandages and snacks."

I walked her run off to the car before turning around to the receptionist who was still gawking openly. She jumped when she saw me stride back over to her desk, angrily. I was sick of this fucking school not doing anything about the bullies bullying my little girl.