23: 𝐒𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐇𝐢𝐦

I quickly button up my shirt, covering the multiple tattoos and peppered chest hair that covered my pecks. My thick fingers quickly pushed the buttons of my white, neatly ironed dress shirt into place. I huff aggravatedly as I glanced at the nearby glowing blue clock. We were going to be late.

I finally fixed my shirt and tugged on the suit jacket before turning to the mirror and running my hand over my slick-backed, ebony hair. I re-adjust the jacket before slipping on my dress shoes and snapping on the shiny Rolex. I flick off the light of my room — not before giving a quick look at Adaline's stuff that was scattered about. I sighed heavily before shutting my door and jogging down the hallway to my daughter's room, I quickly knock.

"Esme, you ready?" I frantically ask, looking down at my watch.

"Do I have to go, Dad? I could stay with Uncle Saude!" She yelled back from behind the door followed by shuffling.

"Then I'd have to have Nic watch you both. Besides, Saude is coming with us as are you."

"B-But daddy, I don't wanna go!"

I groan, throwing my head back in frustration. "Esmerelda Jade Hernandez, get out of your room now!"

I hear a groan, followed by frustrated Spanish and then some shuffles before the door finally opens to reveal my daughter. She pouted up at me with pleading eyes, I sighed and grabbed her hand as I tugged her along. "Daddy, why do I have to go?"

"Because," I grunted as we sped walked down the stairs. "I want to talk about these damn bullies, you're going to tell me and that new principal about what's going on."

"Can I ride with Uncle?" She whined.

"No."

We walked to the mansion's garage where I took the key to the white Audi and unlocked the luxury car. We both got into it and sped off to the school, Esme pouted the whole time with her arms crossed. When we arrived, we were directed to the gymnasium where they were holding the event. Saudi met us at the entrance to the door with his signature smirk.

"Big brother," Ge greeted playfully pushing the door open for us. "How's being a single father treating you."

I smirked up at him sarcastically and nudged Esme to him. "Well, Why don't you find out little brother. I need to look for the principal."

Esme smiled up at me before I crouched down and kissed her on the cheek, telling her I'd be back when I found the headmistress. I walked through the crowd of teachers and parents until I found a group of teachers I was familiar with; Esme's. The women were in a group gossiping away as they sipped on fruit punch or snuck a sip of their flask.

I cleared my throat as I approached them, they quickly straightened their bodies and flung their hair over their shoulders, the usual shit for me to notice them. "Good Evening, ladies." I formally greet with a curt nod and smile.

"Hello Mr. Hernandez, It's great to see you here." The young blonde, Ms. Riley, greeted me back with a tip of her glass cup.

"Yes, Well I am determined to meet this new principal. I'm having a little issue with some kids here who are picking on my daughter." I explain grabbing a cup of punch myself off the nearby table, I took a sip of the red liquid.

Mrs. Henry gasped, grasping her chest. "No," She dramatically said. "Not my Esmeralda, she's such a sweet girl. Who would such a person?" Her country accent didn't hide her exaggeration.

I sarcastically grin, tipping my head to the side. "That my little girl is but since no one here has done their job yet nor correctly, I'm going to have a quick chat with the new headmistress."