CHAPTER 18

LAUREN'S POV.

*A WEEK LATER*

Camp was tough... But we made it through and it did make us stronger as a team. Today we have a game. This game decides if we go to state or not.

I really fucking want to go to state.

I took a deep breath in as I pulled up my knee heigh socks. I look over my shoulder and see Camila leaning against the lockers behind me.

"Hey" I said softly

"You ready?" She says walking closer to me.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I said standing up to walk closer to my younger sister.

"You'll be fine" She said quietly.

We stood in silent for a few minutes until she broke the silence.

"I'm sorry... Lauren...." she said looking down.

"Sorry? For what?" I asked confused

"When I first found out you were my sister... I treated you pretty bad. Lauren you're my family. Families stick together." Camila said looking up her eyes a little watery.

I smiled and reached out to touch her shoulder firmly.

"Camz... it's fine I understand. We are sisters. How about we put this behind us and go out there an kick some ass?" I said and Camila grinned. I brought her into me for a bone crushing hug.

*HALFWAY THREW THE GAME*

I threw my mask off as the girl batting popped up the ball. I dove out to catch the ball, ending the inning. I pushed myself up and wiped the sweat off of my forehead as I walked back to the dugout.

"Girls... You need to get your head in the game... we are still in this! It's 4 to 1! Now stop batting like shit and win this fucking game!" Coach said and we nodded and started from the 8th batter.

Cady's backup walked out to the plate.

"Strike one"

"Strike two"

"STRIKE THREE BATTERS OUT"

Demi angrily stomped her foot as the girl hung her head and walked back to the dugout.

The 9th batter walked up to the plate.

"Ball"

"Strike"

"Strike"

"Ball"

"STRIKE THREE BATTERS OUT!"

Demi now practically had steam coming out of her ears.

"Hernandez you better get your shit together!" Demi screamed at Ally who was now up.

"Strike one"

"Strike two"

CRACK

Ally hit the ball in between the shortstop and second baseman getting a single.

"ALRIGHT KID THERE YOU GO" Coach Lovato screamed to Ally

"Cabello! Keep up the energy!" She yelled out to Camila who was next up.

Camila nervously approached the plate.

The pitcher started her windup then:

BANG

The pitch hit Camila right in the stomach.

Our crowd booed as Camila slowly but surely dropped to her knees holding her stomach.

I gasped and ran out to my sister.

"Camila? Are you ok?" I asked kneeling down next to her. She shook her head and Demi ran out to help her up.

"Umm.... Selena... Who's going to go out there?!" Demi screeched helping Camila sit down on the bench.

"Shit... Demi we only have nine" Coach Gomez responded looking at the lineup.

"Put me in Coach" A voice behind us said.

We all turned around to see Cady standing in the doorway of the dugout, prosthetic leg in. She was dressed in her softball uniform and her golden blond hair was blowing in the wind.

"Cady... fuck no" Demi said shaking her head.

"Coach-" Camila started but then began to throw up blood.

"Shit Cabello" Demi said beaconing Selena to come watch Camila as she talked to Cady.

"Coach... Cady was been doing really well when she trains with me and Camila... She's ready to go back in" I said and Demi pinched the bridge of her nose stressfully.

"Fine! Cady can go back in!" Demi screamed then walked out of the dug out.

"Hey blue! 27 for 5 please" Demi said and Cady ran out to first base.

"Ok thanks coach" the umpire said nodding in acknowledgment.

"Alright Hansen! You're up!" Demi said and Dinah walked up to the plate.

I got up on deck since I was after Dinah.

Dinah hit the first pitch right in between the first and second baseman, making Ally and Cady both advance a base as well as getting her on first.

I took in a deep breath and walked up to the base.

First pitch went by, Ball.

Second pitch went by, strike

CRACK

I drove the third pitch right in between the center and left fielder, hitting the fence. I dropped my bat and ran for my dear life, ending up on third base. It also tied up the game an it only went up from there.

*AFTER THE GAME*

I happily ran off the field, I looked up at the board and it read '5-14'.

We had won.

Camila was screaming loudly from her spot on the bench, a ice pack to her stomach.

"We did it guys... We made state"

------------------------------

HELLO

LONG TIME NO SEE

IVE BEEN SUPER BUSY

SUPER BUSY

ANYWAY SADLY THIS BOOK IS COMING TO AN END SOON.

ONLY ONE MORE CHAPTER PLUS AN EPILOGUE

UNTIL NEXT TIME!!!!

VOTE AND COMMENT!!!!!!!!!