CHAPTER 19 (Last Chapter)

NO ONES POV.

Three girls walked out of the locker room. Two of the three were of Cuban ancestry. The other of Irish ancestry. The youngest of the three wore a confident look on her face. The girl on her right, with the chocolate brown eyes, was watching her little sisters every move worriedly. The girl on her left, with the emerald green eyes, was proudly holding the young blonde girls hand as they all walked to the field.

Once they got to the field, they were met by a girl with long auburn hair an hazel eyes. She embraced the blonde tightly kissing her hard on the lips.

"You ready?" Jenny asked looking into Cady's hands in her own.

"As ready as I'll ever be" Cady said and Jenny nodded leading her into the dugout.

"Are you sure you're up for this champ?" Coach Lovato asked looking down the lineup worriedly.

Cady gave a curt nod and the coach sighed scribbling down her name in the fourth batters place with a 1 next to it.

"Alright... let's bet some Lion ass" Lauren said taking Cady's hand and walking her over to the bull pin to warm up.

*ONE HOUR LATER*

"Hello everyone and welcome to the 2015 state championship fast pitch game! The starting lineup for JHS we have Camila Cabello at shortstop, Ally Brooke Hernandez playing second, we have Lauren Cabello catching and Cady Cabello on the mound to start.... Dinah Jane Hansen on first, Katelynn Mckenzie in left and Leah Garrett in right. Jennifer Doyle is on third base and Normani Kordei is in center... How do you fell about this lineup Jennie?"

"Well Cat... As both of us know... pitcher is a tough position. The pitcher for JHS is a freshman and she jut came back from a horrifying accident where she lost her leg. Honestly? I have no idea how this is going to go..."

Cady was in the pitching circle. It was time to warm up before the game started. She bent down for a second and picked up some dirt in her hand and rubbing it on her green pants. The umpire was standing to the side with the coach of the other team. Cady was not standing on the pitching mound and took a deep breath in an pitched the ball to Lauren. It went way over Lauren's head and hit the backstop. Lauren got the ball back and threw it to Cady. Cady took another breath in and pitched the ball. This time it went into the dirt. After a couple more pitches like that Lauren threw down to Camila who pretended to tag someone out and they all circled around the mound.

"Cady... I'm right here. Camila, Ally, Jenny and Dinah have your back. You will do this" Lauren said and the other infielders nodded in agreement. Lauren put the big yellow ball in Cady's glove and put her hand on the girls shoulder before they all went back to their positions. The first girl for the Lions walked up to the plate. She was a skinny little thing, her purple Jersey baggy around her body. She may have been tiny but she had a confident batters stance, her butt wiggling as she hit the plate with we bat. Lauren rolled her eyes, making Cady giggle a little. The umpire pointed at Cady to let her know she could start and Cady started her windup.

Ball.

Lauren crouched down and gave Cady the sign for a Normal fast ball straight down the middle. Cady again started her windup.

Strike.

The Eagles side of the stadium cheered loudly as the girl in the batters box turned and looked at her couch unfazed.

Lauren gave Cady the sign for a rise ball. Cady shook her head. Lauren then gave her the sign for a change up and again Cady shook her head. Finally Lauren gave her a sign for a drop all and Cady nodded. She started her windup and threw a ball that dropped right at the plate, the skinny girl missing it by a mile.