CHAPTER 5

ALLY'S POV.

I ran up to the sheet of paper the had the varsity fastpitch team on it. I looked at it hopefully.

Camila Cabello- Sophomore, Shortstop, 1st

Lauren Jauregui-Junior, Catcher, 1st

Ally Brooke Hernandez- Junior, 2nd base, 1st

Cady O'Byran- Freshman, Pitcher, 1st

Dinah Jane Hansen- Sophomore, 1st base, 1st

Normani Kordei- Junior, Center Field, 1st

Katelyn Mckenzie- Senior, Left Field, 1st

Leigh Garrett- Senior, Right Field, 1st

Jennifer Doyle- Sophomore, 3rd baseman, 1st

Hannah Brendan- Junior, Pitcher, 2nd

Sydney Kelly- Senior, Catcher, 2nd

Andrea Williams- Sophomore, Short Stop, 2nd

Dakota Garrett- Sophomore, Center Field, 2nd

I sighed in relief as I looked at the list. All the players that had a 1st by their names meant they were starting. 2nd meant they were back up players. I saw the Garrett sisters on the list, Dakota and Leigh are both really good outfielders. The others I didn't know very well, except the Panther players. I saw that their freshman pitcher made the team and that kind of upset me. Cady seems like a brat. Cabello and Hansen will be challenges too. Kordei doesn't seem too bad. Well i guess we will have to see what practice will be like....

*PRACTICE*

I came out of the locker room dressed in my black and red softball pants, Cobra's fastpitch t-shirt, red socks and my black and red cleats. I saw that Lauren, Jenny and Katelyn were all wearing the same thing. I smirked and looked to my right where the Panther's players were. Cabello was holding O'Bryan's hand and talking to her, while Hansen and Kordei were comparing bats. They were all wearing Purple softball pants, lime green socks, a lime green shirt that said Panthers fastpitch across the top, and they all had different cleats on.Cady had black nike cleats, Camila had white cleats, Dinah had black cleats also and Normani had purple cleats... I had never seen purple cleats before. I don't know why but had a weird feeling that Camila and Cady might not be just friends.... it seems an like there is something else going on there. Whatever not my business. I continued walking to the field and as soon as i got there I saw Coach Lovato standing there with Coach Gomez who was looking at the list on her clipboard.

"Alright JV players report to Mr. Styles and Mr. Horan at the other field. This is the Varsity field." Coach Lovato said and about half of the players left to go to the other field.