Chapter 11: Wishes

"Hey!" Chan saw Yuna approaching him, her typical bright smile plastered on her face

"Hey!" Chan saw Yuna approaching him, her typical bright smile plastered on her face. He sometimes wondered how she could keep herself together and smile even in the direst situations.

And today, he vibrantly smiled back.

Perhaps it was the time for his mania phase to begin, or maybe it was just a good day for him – he didn't know, but today, he felt energetic. Watching his new favorite person walking towards him made his joy all the more profound.

Yuna skipped up to him just as usual, and as she reached to him, he gushed, "How are you today? I feel so fresh and giddy today, I might combust!"

"You seem happy today. What changed?" she asked, taken aback by his excited form.

"I don't know; I just am," Chan shrugged.

"I'm glad that you are," she beamed at him, and the two happily walked into the cafeteria to their usual table. Ordering sandwiches and milkshakes to share, they sat down and ate.

That's when a thought struck Chan.

"Hey," he spoke up, "Do you have, like, a bucket list? Things you wanna do before you become a full adult with jobs and such?"

"I have a set of wishes to accomplish before I die," she boasted, "And they're fun."

"Wow, really?" Chan was surprised.

"Yeah!"

"I have a wish too, to be honest," he admitted.

"Really? What is it?"

"Well, it's kind of embarrassing..." He sheepishly rubbed his nape.

"I won't judge, just tell me," Yuna was eager to know, almost bouncing on her seat, having left the sandwich long ago.

"I, um..." Chan took a deep breath, lowering his head, "I wanna slow dance to the one I love on a rooftop, with the most romantic feel ever, without anyone in sight."

"Aww, that's so romantic," she giggled, "The girl who will be with you would be so lucky."

Chan glanced up at her, admiring how her beautiful smile graces her gorgeous face. Even though she looked weaker, there was something in her that made him weak in the knees. Perhaps the way she is strong enough to have endured about six months in a hospital with no family to take care of her. True, she might have made friends, but there definitely would have been a time when everyone was a stranger to her, and she was alone in a huge building with white, depressing walls she was caged in, battling her illness, perhaps waiting for the day when she'd be alright. And six months later, she's only growing weaker.

But he didn't feel pity for her, no. Instead, he admired her in every way possible. Maybe even more than that - he didn't know. So he beamed at her. 

Yuna, noticing his change of expression, got a teeny tiny idea of what he could be thinking. She blushingly averted her eyes, coughing before saying, "You know, I have seven wishes too." 

"Seven?" 

"Yes," she spoke, "Although the seventh one might change with time." 

"Is it me?" Chan teased, smirking. 

"Ah... no," she raised her eyebrows to join in the teasing. 

"Pardon?" 

"I have seven wishes, but you're not one of them," she crossed her arms over her chest. 

"Do you really not want me?" 

"Well, I can spare half a wish for you," she laughed, and Chan chuckled along. 

"So you do like me," he concluded, and her laughing ceased. 

"Uh..." she stuttered in shyness, "I m-mean... yeah, but... whatever!" 

He laughed wholeheartedly, and Yuna couldn't help but laugh too, having heard him laugh for the first time. 

"Your laugh is adorable, Chan," she placed her hand on his, "Don't let the world take it away from you. It's yours, not somebody else's." 

"Only if you let me help you fulfill your wishes," he thoughtfully said, having thought over it for a few seconds. 

He had just given a thought to it; he would do anything to see her smile, just the way she had helped him through little things already. He wasn't alone, and that was because of her. And to repay her for her kindness, he was going to help her fulfill her wishes, no matter what the circumstances were. Her pretty smile was something that was giving him hope. 

Little did he know, her smile was giving her hope too. 

"You wanna help me?" she asked incredulously. 

"Of course! Do you agree?" 

Yuna looked down at her lap, thinking over revealing her wishes to him. And having realized that he was someone close to her now, she looked back up at him and spoke, 

"Yes, let's do it." 

(a/n: HELLOO YES THE HIATUS FOR THIS BOOK IS OVER!

I literally wrote down five chapters in a day so like gimme credits y'all

IF YOU'RE AN OLD READER (by that, I mean someone who has been trading this book since it first got released), PLEASE READ THE BOOK FROM THE START TO GET THE FEELS! just a suggestion, though. It's up to you!)