Chapter 5: Smile

"How did your first therapy session here go?" Yuna asked, seated across Chan on the table they had sat on previously

"It was good, I guess? Like, the guy isn't that older than me, and I'm his first case, so he was taking some time. But I found him good. He wasn't judgmental at all," Chan spoke, spacing out as he was talking.

Yuna munched on the serving of French fries that they had ordered and nodded.

"See? No one here is in any form to be judgmental towards anyone," she pointed a fry at him, "And you don't need to take everything so seriously."

"Me? I take things seriously?" he scoffed.

"So you don't?" she mischievously asked, and Chan stopped taking a fry midway.

"I mean, I d-do take things seriously, but... no wait, I don't take things seriously... I think I do?" he perplexedly spoke, and she burst into a fit of laughter.

"Chill! Don't think too much over it!" Yuna laughingly spoke, "I just wanted to have some fun."

"Don't make me your laughing stock!" Chan found himself jokingly drawing his eyebrows in, and she laughed even more at his cute, childish antics.

"Sorry, sorry," she ended her laughing fit with the two words, breathing in heavily to catch her breath.

He only eyed her as he picked up a fry and ate it. Suddenly, her smile vanished as she held her head in her hands, bent over the table in agony.

"What happened?" Chan asked in a frenzy, immediately scooting over to her and holding her shoulders.

"Nothing, I just have a headache," she tried her best to grin, but she couldn't manage the growing migraine by herself.

"Is this common with your, uh, disease?" he asked, and she nodded, and he instantly sprinted to the food counter to buy a bottle of water. When he returned, he handed her the bottle, and she chugged down a few sips.

"Do you need to go to your room? I can walk you there," he offered, and she nodded again, standing up and then falling down on the seat again.

Chan wrapped his arms around her shoulders to balance her weight and help her walk out of the cafeteria, towards her wing of the hospital. They managed to board the elevator, and she told him how her room was on the second floor.

The elevator dinged, signaling that they were on their desired floor, and as the two walked out of the little compartment, several doctors and nurses turned to look at them.

"Yuna? What happened to you?" A nurse passing by stopped in front of them, and she tried her best to muster up a smile and muttered, "Headache."

"Who is this with you?" she lowly murmured.

"Oh, him? He's Chan," she winced after speaking due to her aching head.

"Thanks for bringing her here. Please come with me to her room," the nurse motioned them to move, and Chan nodded, walking slowly to match her pace.

Once they reached the room – room number 217 – the nurse opened the door, but before Chan could enter, Yuna pushed him away gently, and said, "You should probably go now, I'll be alright."

"But-"

"It's fine, Chan. I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes! Even the nurse is with me. She'll call my doctor soon, no need to worry."

"Okay..."

"Bye bye!"

And as the door to her room closed, Chan wondered how she even kept that smile and exuberance, even when in such anguish.

(a/n: I'll update FRIENDS and DIARY very soon, guys! I'm so sorry for being so inactive, but I'm nearing my exams and I haven't studied even a bit in the entire quarantine period. Plus, my depression and stuff)