Chapter 24: Tomorrow

Yuna squealed when she entered her room, jumping up and down after having participated in that little date of theirs up on the rooftop an hour ago

She locked the door of her room and headed towards the washroom, looking at herself in the mirror.

As always, it was there to point out her flaws — her hollowing cheeks, dark circles, and now a bald head — but she paid no heed to it this time. Instead, she looked at her lips.

That was where Chan had been on her.

She caressed her lips with two fingers, slowly. Blush rose to her cheeks when she reminisced the feeling of his lips on hers, and how soft and sweet the feeling had been.

She hadn't felt that happy in a long time.

She washed her face to go to bed, and as soon as she was under the covers, she breathed hard.

She couldn't wait to meet him the next day.

That was exactly when a stinging pain hit her head; as if a hundred trucks had hit it all of a sudden. The pain was so severe that she got up to sit straight on her bed.

She coughed onto the sheets, and turning on the lights, shs realized that she had coughed out blood, now evident on her white hospital sheets.

She felt dizzy; but no, she didn't let herself be defeated so easily. She fought against her headache for as long as she could, and when she coughed up more blood — so much so, that when she blocked her coughing with her hand, it ended up colouring her hand red.

"Ch-Chan!" she managed to scream out before coughing vehemently again.

Her entire body hurt, and she barely made it to the switch next to her bed to summon a nurse.

And as soon as she pressed on the button, her body gave up.

---

Chan was smiling widely, plopping down on his bed and giggling to himself about what had just happened at the rooftop. He made a mental note to thank Taehyun later for the magical setting.

And about Yuna, well, he was giddily bouncing on his seat. He liked her more than he had intended to like her.

Now that things were going smoothly between them and their illnesses, he resolved to make her healthy again by providing positivity and moral support to her as much as he could. Taehyun had told him about the concept of psychoneuroimmunology the other day — it stated that a person's psychological strength could cure physical illnesses too. Safe to say, he was fascinated by it.

So yes, he was going to help Yuna as much as she had helped him all this time.

"I can't wait for tomorrow," he mumbled, already impatient to see her again.

Nothing could go wrong again, right?

His phone buzzed, and it was from an unknown caller.

"Hello?" he spoke.

"Is this Bang Chan?" it was a woman's voice, seemingly panicked.

"Yes?"

"I'm speaking from Shin Yuna's hospital room. She's in a serious condition, and she's asking for you."

(a/n: next chapter is gonna be the last chapter! Get your tissues ready!)