Chapter 23: Slow Dancing

"How about we fulfill my wish tonight?" 

"What do you mean by that?" Yuna questioned, inwardly reminiscing the time when Chan had told her about his only wish.

And that was to slow dance on a rooftop with someone he liked.

Color rose to her face; was she the one he was going to do it with? To spend his wish on her? To dance with her?

Chan, glancing at her spacing out, chuckled and accelerated the car. She seemed to snap out of her thoughts at the speed of the car increasing, and she didn't utter another word — just silently gazing at him every few minutes.

As soon as they recahed the hospital, they sneaked into the cafeteria, where they usually meet and say every day. However, Chan stopped her from heading on to her wing of the hospital, "Come with me?"

"Where?" she timidly asked.

"To the rooftop," he giggled at her hesitation, asking her, "What happened?"

"Chan," she bit her lip, "Are you sure you want to... you know," she stuttered, "Spend your wish on me?"

"There couldn't have been a better person," he calmly spoke, intertwining his fingers with hers, and she gave him a small smile, wrapping her fingers around his too.

The two walked into the mental health wing of the hospital, and she noticed how it was less crowded than her wing. They boarded the elevator and he chose the topmost number, and upon reaching the rooftop, the elevator opened to give Yuna a mini heart attack.

There were fairy lights on the walls of the very wide and open rooftop, and a table and two chairs in the centre of the area. The table had a red velvet cloth draped over it, and a pizza box resting on top of it.

With the sun dipping in the background, and the fresh breeze playing around them, the setup couldn't have been better.

"Chan, did you do all this?" she asked, flabbergasted. She stepped out of the lift, and so did Chan.

"No..." he rubbed the nape of his neck, "Taehyun did."

From the corner of the wall emerged Taehyun, who waved a hello at them and spoke, "Enjoy!"

And he boarded the elevator and was gone in seconds.

"So..." Yuna spoke, "Hello, Bang Chan."

"Shin Yuna," Chan nodded, bowing before her and taking her hand in his.

She giggled when he kissed her knuckles, and guided her to the table. He sat her down, pushing her chair in and then sitting down himself, right before her.

"I'm dying of hunger," she admitted, and he snapped out of his little trance that he had developed from staring at her for a few seconds, "Oh, right!"

He opened the box, and on plastic plates, he served the pizza slices to her and himself. As they dug in, she hummed in satisfaction, "Haven't had a good pizza in a long time!"

"Hehe," he fondly chuckled.

They made a small conversation while eating since both of them were starved, and once they finished their meal, they sat on their chairs, leaning back and complaining about overeating.

"Wanna dance?" Chan asked in uncertainty, and she got up first, taking his hand and getting him off his seat. That made him grin widely, and as the sun had set, the only light in the area was coming from the fairy lights lined up at the sides, and the city lights down below and far off.

"How about the music?" Yuna asked, and he suggested, "Can I sing instead?"

"That would be better than playing music on a device," she spoke with sparkling eyes, too endearing for him to turn down.

"I found a love for me," Chan started singing Perfect by Ed Sheeran, taking both of her hands into his, and pulling her close to his body, his hand travelled to her waist.

"Oh, darling, jut dive right in and follow my lead," he sang, and Yuna placed her hand on his shoulder, the other one intertwined with his.

"Well, I found a girl, beautiful and sweet," they started swaying side to side slowly along with the lyrics that spilled out of his mouth.

The two danced along with the light breeze that rushed past them, tickling them, and that's when Yuna pulled off her beanie, revealing that there was no strand left on her head.

Chan's eyes travelled up, and he then looked into her eyes. Surprisingly, there was no hint of remorse in her eyes, only love for him. He smiled at her, singing the song, "You look perfect tonight..."

He placed his forehead against hers, their breaths mingling with each others', and that's when she spoke up, "I never told you about something."

"What is it?" he asked.

"That my sixth wish is to..." she looked up at him, locking eyes with him and standing on her toes to press her lips on his.

Chan instantly kissed back, feeling her soft lips on his like a touch of feather. His plump lips moved against hers in perfect sync, and as the kiss was brief but sweet, they pulled away, breathing hard.

He placed his forehead against hers again, and as the two swayed slowly to the rhythm of their heartbeats, both of them had one thing in their minds:

Life wasn't so bad when they were together.

(a/n: this is probably the longest chapter of this book lmao I love writing scenes like these)