Chapter 8: Chocolates

At exactly zero o'clock, Chan and Jeongin found themselves under the designated tree that they had made their meeting spot

"Did she tell you what she was planning?" Chan questioned, and the younger shrugged.

"I think-" Jeongin started, but was interrupted by a whistle. They turned to see Yuna tip-toeing to them, and as soon as she approached them, she lowly spoke, "Did ya miss me?"

"What's the plan, noona?" the youngest deadpanned, and she narrowed her eyes at him.

"Patience, kiddo," she turned to Chan, and eyeing his biceps, she blurted out, "You're buff."

"Um, thanks?" Chan was caught off-guard, and she covered her embarrassment with nervous laughter.

"I-I just wanted one buff person to execute this plan, and we have one!" she giggled.

"What's the plan?" Jeongin again asked, exasperated.

"Oh, the plan? We sneak into the cafeteria's kitchen, steal all the chocolates, and secretly deliver them to the kids in the public wards," Yuna explained, and the younger one's eyes lit up.

"Wow, we're gonna do that?!" he exclaimed, and both Chan and Yuna shushed him down.

"Let's go!" Yuna announced in a hushed voice, and Chan grinned. He couldn't be lying when he thought that he was looking forward to going on this little adventure with the two – he was excited to do something fun after a long time, and that said a lot.

They jogged towards the cafeteria and found that the place was deserted at this time of the night. There was a lock on the gate to the kitchen, and as the three whined on finding out the lock, they heard heavy footsteps not so far away.

"It's the guard!" Jeongin whispered in panic.

"Hurry, break the lock!" Yuna panicked as well.

"How?"

"Chan, do it! Put that fine body to use!"

"M-Me?" Chan stuttered.

"Of course!" Yuna nodded vehemently.

The footsteps were getting louder with each passing second, and Chan ordered Jeongin to bring a rock from the garden that was right outside the cafeteria. As soon as the youngest brought it in, Chan took a deep breath and smashed the rock on the lock, making it fall open.

"Who is there?!" they heard the guard yell, and they instantly tip-toed into the kitchen and shut the door as quietly as possible.

The footsteps were clearer now, and a little sliver of torchlight entered through the creaks in the door. The three ducked as low as possible, and as the guard entered the cafeteria, they held their breaths. A minute later, finding no source of noise in the cafeteria, the guard sighed and walked out of the hall.

As soon as the footsteps ceased being heard by the three, they let out their breaths in relief.

"Where are the chocolates?" Chan asked, and Yuna checked the cartons for the treats.

"Found it!" Jeongin proclaimed, and Yuna flicked his forehead, "You need to shush!"

"Ow, noona!"

"Anyway," Yuna spoke, trying her hardest to not giggle at the youngest's protests, "Chan, can you hold it for us?"

"Of course!" he offered, lifting the partially heavy box of chocolates, and the three rushed out of the cafeteria, rejoicing. Before they could head onto the wards, Yuna handed them face masks to cover the bottom parts of their faces.

"Why now?" Jeongin asked, putting on his mask.

"There are CCTV cameras all around the hallways and the public wards. We don't wanna get caught, do we?" Yuna explained.

"So smart," Chan commented jokingly, and she slapped his chest.

"You too, shush!" she whispered, and the three walked towards the public wards belonging to the hospital for children from poor families, who couldn't afford a personal room for themselves. As they entered, they saw that a dim light was turned on in the hall, and there were about twenty beds laid out in two lines, ten on the right and ten on the left. The parents of the children slept on the stools meant for them to only sit on. However, even in difficult circumstances, they slept soundly near their children.

Yuna walked, in the middle of the room, and grabbing handfuls of chocolate bars, she convinced Jeongin, "You give to the beds on the left, and I'll distribute on the right. Sounds good?"

"Great!" the youngest beamed.

And Chan watched as Yuna went to each bed and kept a chocolate bar under the children's pillows, and even under the dim light, while wearing a face mask, he could imagine her smile her patent bright smile. Something warm coursed through his veins as her eyes sparkled upon seeing the children sleeping, and as she went onto the next bed, she stuffed a bar under the child's pillow.

"Sweet dreams!" she whispered to the kid, and Chan smiled as well.

He finally felt warm.

(a/n: I'm so sorry for the super late update! I had my reasons so yeah, I'm finally back to updating!

Again, if any of you need some sort of help or advice regarding anything, you can contact me through the PMs or THE BOOK OF ADVICE that I started recently on my page.)