Chapter 18: Reversed Roles

Waking up in her hospital bed, Yuna rubbed her eyes to get a clearer vision of her surroundings

Waking up in her hospital bed, Yuna rubbed her eyes to get a clearer vision of her surroundings. She sat up lazily, and it took her a moment to realize where she was and where she should have been - the concert. 

"You're up?" she whipped her head to the side when she heard Chan's voice, watching him lean against the adjacent wall. 

"Why are we here? What about the concert?" she hurriedly asked, her fingers grabbing a fistful of her hospital gown. 

"You weren't well, so we came back," he explained calmly, and she heaved out a heavy, disappointed sigh. 

"I'm sorry; we couldn't enjoy the concert because of me," she regretfully spoke, "I'm so sorry..." 

"Hey hey," Chan walked towards her, sitting opposite her on her bed, "Why would you feel sorry?" 

"I ruined the fun!" she apologetically said, "All because of my stupid illness." 

"What do you mean by 'i ruined the fun'?" he drew out a box-like object, which was a Bluetooth speaker. 

"...What?" Yuna asked, perplexed. 

"If we couldn't enjoy the concert there, then we can have our own concert here," he beamed at her, "And you won't even have to worry about fainting again." 

"But isn't this a hospital?" she skeptically asked. 

"Honestly, who cares at this point?" Chan remarked, "We've sneaked out chocolates for children, we've run away once, and we went to a concert without informing the staff. We're just two rebels stuck between these white walls and the smell of chemicals." 

"You got a point there," Yuna nodded, "When did you become so... energetic? It's a good thing, but you beat me to the energy." 

Chan chuckled, "Our roles have reversed, I guess. Now I'm the one who stays positive all the time. Ah, it's so tiring!" 

Both of them laughed at his dramatic dialogue. 

"So, shall we begin?" he asked enthusiastically like a host, and she clapped, getting off the bed and fixing her beanie. 

"Let's go!" 

And Chan searched for a track on his phone, and when it started playing, Yuna chirped, "Oh, my god, Twice!" 

"It's Fancy!" Chan chuckled, and as the song progressed, the two began moving to the music, doing the hook step together. 

"Fancy you!" Yuna sang along with it, and it was no less than a professionally choreographed and practiced session of dancing - or so they thought, as they weakly attempted to dance along to the song. 

As the song came to an end, the next song automatically played on shuffle; it was Dynamite by BTS. Chan started singing along to the song, and Yuna noticed how attractive his accent was, and how melodious his voice was. 

"'Cause I, I, I'm in the stars tonight!" she sang along with him, and he absolutely adored her skills too. If people were meant to be together, then there couldn't have been a couple better than them. 

That's when the door to the room was slammed open by a nurse, who shrieked, "What is going on here?!" 

The two just laughed heartily.