Prologue

"You'll need to stay in the hospital wards for a while, Chan," the psychiatrist advised, "Your condition is getting out of hand

"You'll need to stay in the hospital wards for a while, Chan," the psychiatrist advised, "Your condition is getting out of hand."

"But I really don't want to stay here..." he depressingly spoke.

"Your mental health isn't good right now. You are failing to fight your bipolar depression by yourself."

Chan winced, knowing how hard those words hit him. He was failing to fight his disease by himself. How pathetic could he get – he asked himself inwardly as he hung his head to look at the white tiles on the floor.

"Yeah," he dismissively spoke, fidgeting with his fingers under the table around which him, his mother, and the doctor were seated.

His mother kept a comforting hand on his fidgeting ones, and he slowly looked up at her to see her giving him a reassuring smile.

"Listen to the doctor, son," she said, and Chan looked at his doctor again.

"Chan, we're just trying to help you. It's up to you to decide whether you want to stay here or not, but I would highly suggest staying here," the doctor spoke.

"I'll think about it," Chan immediately said, getting up from his seat and instantly heading out of the air-conditioned chamber. Once the warmth of the hospital hallways caressed him, he sighed, stuffing his hands into his pockets and waiting for his mother to come after him.

As soon as she exited the room, Chan said, "I'm hungry, I'll be in the cafeteria."

Before his mother could say something in return, he reluctantly walked off, not intending to be so rude and cold towards her, but he couldn't help it. His depressive phase always compelled him to do things he didn't intend to do.

He reached the cafeteria, and ordered a sandwich, and went to a vacant table to sit down and dig into his food.

As he ate, he reminisced how low his life had gone. Just a few months ago, he had been diagnosed with bipolar disorder II, and ever since then, there had been countless artificial ups and downs in his life. By artificial, he meant how his environment or he himself weren't the causes of his mood and his behavior.

His mental illness had ruined all aspects of his life – he couldn't do a thing right, and was either a maniac or a depressed loner.

He hated it. He hated it with all his might.

If he was given a choice to either live with this disease or not live at all, he would've chosen the latter.

Just as his chain of thoughts darkened, he felt a tap on his shoulder. He looked behind him to see a girl standing next to his chair.

She was clad in a hospital gown, and her dark, long hair were messily cascading down her back. She was dangerously thin and looked frail, yet, there was a bright smile etched across her face.

"Hey! Would you like to take a picture with me?"

(a/n: Just to clarify, Chan ain't a celebrity in this. And by now, you must've gotten an idea as to how this book is gonna be lmao. Don't worry, there's gonna be cute stuff ahead too!

Thanks for reading! The story will get better!)