Chapter 4: Friend

"So I guess this is where we part for now?" Yuna skipped as she walked out of the cafeteria with Chan, "It's time for my checkup and stuff

"So I guess this is where we part for now?" Yuna skipped as she walked out of the cafeteria with Chan, "It's time for my checkup and stuff."

"I guess so," he agreed, and standing right outside the cafeteria, at the entrance of the garden with fake grass and daisies, they were silent.

"Let's meet again, alright?" she smiled, and he couldn't help but give a hint of his faint smile.

"Alright," he spoke.

"Let's make this spot our meeting point? Since, you know, we are in two different wings so it can be hard to find each other," she suggested.

Chan looked around them – the entrance to the cafeteria was five steps to their right, and two steps to their left, they had the decorative harden. Currently, they were standing under the shade of one of the many trees in the area, and he made a mental note of this place.

"Okay, as you say," he finally spoke.

"Yay! Okay, I gotta go so... bye?" Yuna asked with uncertainty lacing her tone, and she laughed it off, waving at him, turning away, and walking off.

As she walked off, Chan waved after her, knowing that she couldn't see him wave. Yet, the act filled him with warmness – like he wasn't alone anymore; like he had found himself a companion in the place he considered dark and depressing. His views on hospitals hadn't changed yet, but he didn't feel as cold anymore.

Shin Yuna.

His friend.

He turned around on his heels and walked towards his hospital wing, realizing how it was time for his first therapy session. He was tense – how would it go? Would the therapist be judgmental towards him and make him feel even more pathetic? Would they set a rapport or all of his mother's money got to waste?

He knew that he was troubling himself with all the burdening thoughts weighing him down, but he was unable to put an end to his train of negative thoughts and scenarios. He just couldn't.

And he knew that this phase won't last long once his hypomania sets in. At least in that phase of his, he felt less burdened. If he was going to live this way forever, then he would prefer living with the maniacal phase – he thought, as he reached his room and unlocked it, opening the door and plopping down on the hospital bed.

The bed let out a creak as he sat on it abruptly, and he rested his head back on the pillow. Minutes passed as he lay on the bed, silent, thinking about all sorts of negative thoughts, helplessly staring at the roof as he tried his best to gain control over his mind – but to no avail.

He found it odd how he gained such self-confidence whenever he had his hypomania phase, but ended up loathing himself when he was depressed. Did he love himself, or did he not?

A tear slipped from his eyes, rolling down his temples and falling onto the mattress cover.

Why was he so helpless? What was wrong with him?

When did he become so weak?

That's when he heard a knock on his door, and he straightened up, wiping the stray tear off, and spoke, "Come in!"

In walked a young man, probably a bit taller than him, but carrying a friendly aura and a slight grin. His hair was parted from the side, and as he walked inside, he smilingly spoke, "Mister Bang Chan?"

"Yes?"

"Hi, I'm Kang Taehyun, your therapist," he introduced himself, drawing a stool from the corner of the room and dragging it towards the bed, sitting on it.

"Hello," Chan nervously let out, and Taehyun opened his file that Chan hadn't noticed he was carrying.

"Okay, so some information about you," Taehyun spoke, "You're eighteen, have bipolar II disorder, and have been going through it for the last three months. Am I right?"

"Yes," Chan sighed.

Taehyun tightly smiled, "Don't worry; we're all here to help you out, Chan. You're not alone in this."

Chan nodded, still not completely believing his words, but what other option did he have? He had chosen to stay in the hospital, and now he had to deal with whatever path he had chosen voluntarily.

"Chan? You're spacing out," Taehyun said, and he apologized.

"Look, I'm an intern here, and I'm just two years older than you, so we can be friends, right?"

"Friends? But don't you therapists have some kind of a rule of never befriending the patient?"

"Truth to be told, you're my first client, so I'm a little lost. But trust me, we'll find a way out of your condition, alright?"

"Alright."

(a/n: idk what to say lmao I hope you enjoyed reading this filler)