Chapter 2: Yuna's Land

A day later, Chan was clad in the same hospital gown he had seen other patients wear in the hospital

A day later, Chan was clad in the same hospital gown he had seen other patients wear in the hospital. Did it make him feel like he was any less lonely? No.

Instead, it made him feel even worse – not because he looked down on the patients that were admitted in the hospital, but because he couldn't have chosen otherwise. It was his last resort to giving a chance to himself to recover.

Still, sitting in his hospital room, waiting for his therapist to pay him a visit once a day, it made him feel that he was pathetic to be dependent on external factors for his treatment. When did he become so spineless? – he thought as he scrolled on his phone.

In this expensive, luxurious hospital, the fee to keep him inside was ridiculously high. And his mother, being a single mom, worked day and night to earn just enough to pay for his treatment. He somehow pitied her, and at some points, empathized with her. He had no experience how hard it could be for her to work alone, without any financial support from any side, but she always had his moral support.

His eighteen-year-old self was troubled beyond belief, and he could only sit alone in the room, scrolling on his phone, while his mom worked for him.

And there was nothing interesting that he could find on his phone. He sighed.

Since it was his first day at the new hospital, he wanted to venture out and get used to his new environment. So he got off the bed and opened the door, shutting it behind him and walking out in the hallway. There were only a few people in the hallway, considering that it was the mental health wing of the hospital. He knew very well that the physical ailments' wing was a part of the same hospital too, just on the eastern side of the campus.

His room was on the second floor of the building, so he took the elevator to travel down to the ground floor. Once on the lowest floor, he exited the small compartment, he saw a lot of people; too many, if compared to the population on his floor. On his right was the reception, with people waiting in lines to get an appointment from their doctors.

He slithered his way through the crowd, heading onto the cafeteria. As he made his way, his stomach rumbled, reminding him that he hadn't had a meal since the previous night, and it was late in the noon at the moment.

Chan walked inside, and scanning the room for a vacant table, his gaze found someone familiar.

It was that girl from the day before.

And currently, she was clicking a picture with another stranger.

She confused him. Why on earth would she want to click pictures with people she won't meet again?

But it seemed as if his gaze burned into her, because she turned around and caught his gaze. Chan immediately averted his eyes, looking anywhere but at her, embarrassed. He examined the rest of the cafeteria in a quick manner, and then glanced back in the girl's direction, hoping she would've gone away.

Yet, when he looked, he found her standing there, staring at him with a huge smile.

He stood dumbfounded as she approached him, and skipping over to him, she cheerfully greeted, "Hey, it's you again!"

"Hi?" Chan was puzzled.

"So it was you who was going to be admitted here. I thought otherwise, to be honest. I thought you were here to visit somebody," she thoughtfully added.

"Sucks to be me, I guess?" he humorlessly laughed, but she didn't let her grin falter.

"Nah. I don't know for how long you'll be here, but welcome to Yuna's land!" she flailed her arms around, as if to demonstrate how she owned the place.

"Yuna's land?" he questioningly asked.

"Oh, that's me. Shin Yuna, nice to meet you!" she brightly extended her hand towards him to shake, and tentatively, Chan drew his hand up to shake it.

"I'm Bang Chan."

(a/n: the chapters are kinda short, but I'll try making them longer as the story progresses!)