04: Her Fiancé And His Girl

"Tell my Mom I'm coming in."
The butlers legs were almost shaken when they saw Sage.

"Young Lady, you cannot go insi--"
The oldest butler tried to stop her but she snapped fast.

"Should you knock or should I kick this shitty door out of my face?"
There's no way that a small lady like her could open her Mom's office door but she would surely make a loud thud or even hurt herself.
Either of the things,
the butlers will be punished by the Lady Kim if it happens.

"Lady Kim, Young Lady is here."
The butler announces.

Eun Woo sighs,
She cannot go in there, not now.
Her mother told him clearly that she would be speaking to someone today that Sage could never see.

"Calm down! Let's just go somewhere--"
He tries to stop her from entering her mother's office but she slapped his hands on her shoulder.

"I hate being touched. Go away."
She then pushes the young man and enters the room, not caring about anything.

"I want to cut the engagement off. This girl right here, is the one I wanna marry, Ma'am."

Sage stops at the aisle of the huge office of her Mother.

Kang?

Why is her Fiancé here?

As if seeing his Fiancé that ran away from her four years ago is not shocking enough, seeing him holding someone else's hands make Sage feel pathetic.

All she did in all those years was to wait for him and hang herself with the hope that he'll come back to her,
but looking at the situation right now--
She just wanted to vanish.

"Sage I--"
She grabbed Eun Woo and told him to stay silent.

"Angel? Why is she here?"
Eun Woo whispers.

He knew that girl very well, she is his first love though he didn't had the chance to tell her how he felt back then, until now.

"Song Kang, are you kidding me right now?"
Lady Kim asks.

"No, Ma'am. I will pay for every bit of money my father took from you from now on. Just let me be free and--"

Paying his Father's debt is like a suicide mission. It means that he will have to work until his hair turns white and until his bones dislocate.

Sage wipes the tears on her eyes.
How the fuck did he had this kind of courage?

"Then let him be, Mom."

Kang and Angel looks at the back.
Kang did not even flinched at Sage's presence, as if he had expected this to happen.

In the other hand, Angel was all shocked to see Eun Woo in here.

Eun Woo had this look in his eyes, as if he was betrayed. Angel wondered why.

"Let him work his fucking ass off until he dies. Let him kill himself for betraying his own fucked up family."

Kang suddenly flinched at the way Sage talked. He had never heard her swear before.

"Kim Sage, get out of this. Our family had never let a fish out of his hook."

Sage laughs.

"Mom, I am not letting this damned fish out of his hook. I am stabbing him even more with it."

She then looks at Kang.

"You're free. Now bleed with your decision and never come back asking for a second chance to my Mother again. Feel the weight of your betrayal, or just hang yourself and escape the responsibility like the coward you are."

Sage smiles at him and chuckles at the sight of the pale girl at his side.

"First time seeing a house like this? You can steal anything like what hypocrites like you do. This may be your first and last time entering a place like this."

She then turns her back and walks up to Eun Woo.
She grabs his hands and walked away with him.

As soon as she entered the car, her smile was gone and she looked really cold.

"Let's buy a new car."
She suddenly says.

"What?"
Eun Woo asks.

She then smiles again and laughs.

"How could I let my boyfriend use a crap car like this? Please."

...
"This is your documents, please call the number at the upper left part if something happens to the car. We will attend you as fast as possible."

Eun Woo nods his head. He then takes his leave with the new car Sage just bought.

He left her in a sea shore so he thought he should go back immediately.

He arrived at the beach in 10 minutes, there he saw Sage. Sitting in the sand without her shoes on and with a few bottles of soju.

"That fucker... Oh! You're here!"
There are five bottles of soju beside her but she seemed fine.
Maybe she holds her liquor really great.

"Can you drink that much?"
He asks her.

"Of course. I pretty much don't feel anything so I can handle this much liquor, you see."
Sage laughs.
She is not even joking, she had high pain tolerance, alcohol tolerance and etc. She developed them after being hurt a couple of times when she was a kid.

"Don't lie to me saying that you don't feel pain seeing him with Angel at all."

She looks at him,
curiously.

"Angel? You know that girl?"
She asks.

"She.. used to be.."
Eun Woo couldn't even bear to say it, it's just too absurd.

"Ah, you don't have to say it. I know. I think I know who she is."
She takes a sip on her bottle again and gulps all the liquor down her throat.
"You don't like to drink?"

He nods his head no.

"But are you really okay?"

She looks at him.

"Are you concerned about me? Hehe."
He hits her head that make her groan.
"I am not sad and to be blunt about it, I don't feel anything right now at all. I've waited for him and been in great pain because of him since then so I don't think this bullshit will hurt me anymore."

He looks at the sun, it was setting.

"The sun is beautiful, isn't it?"
Sage asks.
"I couldn't come here in the morning because the sun will probably burn my skin but now it is completely harmless."
She laughs.

"I don't worry about him marrying anyone. I'm mad but just like how painful the sun comes at us in the morning, it will eventually turn dim in the afternoon and bring us no pain. I just have to wait for that to happen."

Hearing her words comforted him in a way, too.

Sage had so much stronger mentality than he thought she'd have.