Chapter 39: Shortcomings

It took some time before the boat Sage get into the raft.

"a floating cottage?"
She asks.

"Yeah."
Seokjin answers.
"I've been busy the whole day setting this up so, please heal and be better in here."
He smiles at her.

"Thank you, oppa."

While Jin hold backs his tears, he manages to touch the top of her hair and kiss her on her forehead.

"It took me forever to realize how I can help you, I'm really sorry."
He says, tears flowing in his eyes uncontrollably.

"Why are you crying, stop that."
She whispers as she starts to cry,too.

"No, don't cry, my lovely sister."
He says.

"I'm just sad that I never thought of letting you do what you've always wanted to do is the best thing that could heal you."

Seokjin leaves and you stand at the edge of the raft, looking at the fishes and corals underwater.

"I wonder how does it feel to breathe in an environment that you wished to be in."
She sighs.
"Fish could be a great specie to live as in my next life, but I don't want to be fried."

"Sage?"

She looks inside the raft, seeing a person that she had only seen in her dreams for the past three years.

The person that is the root of her sufferings but somehow felt like the end, too.

The most beautiful man in her heart.

"Eun Woo.."

He runs up to her but stops mid way as tears stream down his face.

"You're real, aren't you?"

"I.. I am."

and as if those words are his cue, he pulled her into a hug-- a very warm one.

"I.. I missed you and.. I still love you."

It should have been the first time he told her he loves her and Sage couldn't even say anything.

She just let his warmth bring comfort to her lost heart and she cried hard.
So hard that she does not even know what is happening around her.

"I still love you, too... Eun Woo-ah."

"Thank you for being safe and fine, thank you for surviving. My Sage."

He says, tears still visible in his eyes.

"I'm sorry I left without saying anything.."
she says.

"I.. I'm sorry I treated you badly. I'm sorry I betrayed you. I'm sorry for all my shortcomings."
Eun Woo says as he let out a sob.

"I have a lot of mistakes, too---Eun Woo."
She hugs him even more tighter.
"I am too immature to not let you know what I need. I am selfish and needy. I only thought of myself when I don't even know that you're already suffering by yourself."