28: Rotten Fruit

If a part of a fruit gets rotten, what will you do?
You should slice and tear it away from the rest of the parts of the fruit. So it won't harm others.

Eun Woo believes that he just needed to remove himself and leave Sage alone just to avoid her from getting hurt even more.

But seeing her cry every time she leaves his house breaks his heart, too.

"Aren't you going to talk to that young lady? She had been going back and forth since the morning."
His mother says.

"Mom, do you know who that girl is?"
He asks.

"No, but you can tell me her identity if you like."
His mother calmly asks as she take a sit on his bed.

"She's a Kim. The family that got my Dad into debt and make him kill himself."
A tear slipped from his eyes.

"Son, are you hurting her like this because you're blaming her?"

He did not answer.

"Did I raise you to become a monster like that?"
His mother asks.

"Think about it, son. I don't want to sound like I'm nagging because you're a grown man now and your decisions were all beyond my jurisdiction already but-- if you blame her for her parent's doing, it's like you're blaming yourself for the gambling your father did, too."

She stands up from his bed.

"A parent's mistake should never be carried by their child. And your father chose to die that way, stop blaming others for his mistake."

Eun Woo gasps as he try to breathe. Just after his mother left his room, tears started flowing down his face.

Why did he let Angel control him?

His mother was right.

"You're crying?"
Angel suddenly appears in his room.

"Angel, I couldn't do this anymore. I can't hurt her anymore."
He says under his breath.

"No, no. My love. You cannot leave me hanging here. We'll end this together."
Angel smiles and touches his hair.

"You don't love me! You're just using me!"

Angel laughs.

"Then what are you going to do? Tell her the truth? Do you think she'll still love you when she learn that you're trying to harm her family?"

Eun Woo looks at her hopelessly, she's right. Either ways, he is meant to lose her at the end.

"If you want to stay with her, just do what I tell you to do."

...

"I don't want to be like this anymore."
She looks at the book she was holding. It was Kang's book.

CHAPTER 02: I know I should Give Up, but I can't.

I can't let you go.
I can't let your smiles be someone else's sanity.
I can't let someone hold you like how I was supposed to hold you.
I am afraid.
That if I let your hand go now,
Someone will pull you along, far from me.
You are my first love.
You are all that's for me.