Chapter 40: You Are The Best Thing, That's Ever Been Mine.

"Jinnie-oppa set this up?"
Sage says as she take a sit on the picnic table.

"Yup. He even said that this is your therapy."

Thinking about it, you remember Yoongi's words.

"That's right, sweetheart. I've been here since you woke up in the morning. Maybe you haven't realised but Seokjin hyung went out to take care of your therapy."

"I can't believe he let you see me."
She mutters.
Seokjin is a hard headed and strict brother, even more after she almost died saving Eun Woo.

"I mean, he's your brother. He'll do anything, everything for you."
Eun Woo smiles as he look at Sage.

"But thank you for coming for me."
She smiles back at him as her heart fear the next things that this conversation will open up.

"Well, you can tell me anything as I grill this meat. We only have forty and eight hours here."
Eun Woo reminds.

Sage chuckles as she look at his face.

So fucking beautiful.

"Well, I just want you to know that I am sorry for being a scared jerk. I feel like I never opened up my heart to you that much before."

"I understand, I am just your hired boyfriend."
He looks at the meat he is grilling as pain sting in his heart.

"No, I did not mean it that way. I mean, Eun Woo. I loved you, dearly. That love is real, it is childish but-- God knows it's real."

"Loved?"
Eun Woo asks.
"I don't mean to pressure you, but.. Do you not love me anymore?"

Sage's eyes water again for God knows how many times today. Her tongue felt like something is pulling it into a knot and she could not even tell a single thing.

Does she still love him?

"Eun Woo.. I.."

"You don't, do you?"
He smiles, still not looking at the girl. He cannot bear to look in her eyes.
He will just cry.

"Eun Woo, I'm sorry..."

"I.. I loved it so much when you call me Dong Min. I feel like, I am just me. No filters, no anything.. why can't you look at me the same way, Sage?"

She bursts into tears as she let all these words come out.

"Things change, Eun Woo. I'm really sorry. I am still hurt, but I guess all that's left for us is this painful memories eating me every night."

All her emotions and anxiety flood through her as her shaking and shiverings escalate.

"I.. I am broken and I can't fix myself so I can't ask you to fix me."

Eun Woo notices her panic attack and immediately rushes over her.

"Let it all out, I'm here."

Everything that she said pierced through his heart but he has to do what he is here for,

To be her healer.

"I felt alone.. I.. never thought I'm gonna feel this way because I used to love you so much, I'm sorry Eun Woo."

Eun Woo finally let out his sobs as he bury his face on his neck.

"I'm sorry I came back to you too late."

At this point, Sage's heart felt like it is being torn apart.

She never realised she fell out of love with the man she had been crying for every night until now.

Until he confesses his real feelings to her.

She felt so bad about it.

"But Dong min-ah, you're the best thing that's ever been mine.

I will never forget the way you look at me, the way you kissed me, the way you touched me..
The way you loved me without even telling me that you do."

She takes his hand as he cry in her neck,
"and I feel sorry for falling out of love with you, but I cannot lie with you. Maybe I am hurt with the lingering feelings that we left in our hearts, but having you here-- seeing you in a good state made me feel better."

"No, my love.. Don't be sorry for falling out of love with me. You deserve better, better than me."
He says, still not looking at the lady.

"I will never have someone better than you."
She says, touching his wet cheeks and making him look at her.
"Because again, you're the best thing that's ever been mine."

Eun Woo stops crying and stares at her for a minute, and then he looks directly in her eyes and says,

"I'm sorry for doing this but you can be angry with me after I do this."

And he kisses her.

They let emotions pop into their hearts and take over them as they share the kiss that they know will be the last.

It hurts him to think that this will be the last time he'll be able to touch her.

It hurts her that he has to hurt when she just figured out that she'd already moved on with the feelings the two of them left with each other.

They are both hurt, but whatever happens tomorrow won't affect what they can do today.

And they promised with their hearts that they will be the best couple today as if they will end everything tomorrow.

...
Seokjin breathes out as the members look at him.

"That's like your 1000th deep sigh today, hyung."
Jungkook comments.

Jin looks away, does not want to talk about what's bothering him.

"Why are you even in my room?"

"We only wanted to check on you, we knew you've been sleepless since Sage got hospitalized."
Jimin says.

"I'm fine. I had to do it."
Jin replies, pertaining to how he got no sleep after Sage hurt herself again.
"I'm the eldest and only son. No one's gonna do it but me."

"But you have us, Jin-hyung."
Jungkook reminds him.
"You don't have to go through it alone. You can share your burdens with us."

"My sister isn't a burden, Jungkook. Please don't worry, I can--"

He bows down as he let a silent cry.
He's been really tired.

"It's okay, Hyung. This too, shall pass."
Jimin says as he pats his back.

"You are the eldest even in our group but you don't have to carry all these huge and heavy baggages by yourself."

Jin cries harder. He's tired of worrying about his beloved sister.
He just hopes after that therapy she'll be good as new.