36: Fan Meeting

"You're back?"
Kang asks, Sage looks at her ex-Fiancé and couldn't help but to cry.

"A mental institution, really, Kang?"
She manages to blurt out.

"Sage, don't cry like that."
Kang started tearing up, too. But he tries to be strong and keep it all inside him.

The memory of the cool guy that saved her from sexual assault, the guy that she used to love in her highschool days flashes on her mind, the days when Kang will never care if he gets hurt just to protect Sage.

The memory flashes into her mind vividly before she gets to realize that Kang is not that young guy anymore.

She looks around the place,

"Why, Kang? Why did you want to be in here?"

Seeing him inside a mental institution in a patient's dress like that, tears her heart. Sage know everything already, he never cheated on her. He let Angel ruin his life just to save her.

"I need to be isolated in here, Sage. I am not normal. I keep on seeing Dad. But you know what? In this very moment, I cannot see him. All I can see is you."

He smiles.
"and seeing you here, healthy and beautiful as ever makes me happy of my decision that day. I am happy I turned my back to Angel and my father. I'm happy I could do something good for you, at last."

"No."
She cries.
"That's not true, you never did anything wrong to me. I am the one who's not open to understand what you must have been through before. I was blinded by the lie that you were cheating on me. I'm sorry, Kang."

"Don't cry like that and stop giving me that pity full look. This is for the best."

Sage takes the books that she collected for years.