Chapter 41: Still With You

Last night should have been the first night Sage slept without any weight on her chest.
She wakes up with the sound of the waves rushing through the raft and the smell of the sea.
Eun Woo and he slept in two different rooms as Jin had asked to Eun Woo.

Sage just looks at the ceiling of her room and let morning thoughts drift her away when Eun Woo knocks softly on her door.

"Sage? I made breakfast. Let's eat."

She looks at Eun Woo who's peeking through her at the door and softly nods her head.

"okay, thank you."
She smiles.

...

They started eating breakfast. Eun Woo made a salad an as Sage realises why he chose to make this kind of breakfast.

"Lean meat, leafy greens, cabbage, cauliflower and whatever. You did this to ease my depressed state, right?"
She chuckles.

"I.. Uh.. I saw it on the Internet."
He confesses.
"I thought maybe it will help you."

"Thank you, Eun Woo."
She smiles at him.
"I mean, Dong Min-ah."

Eun Woo's heart flutters and he felt young again. As if all the memories he always thought of just happened yesterday.
He felt happy and at ease.

"I think I will never have to cry at night again."

Eun Woo smiles although the things she confessed to him last night still shreds the man into pieces.

How did her sweet words that used to lulla him at night with ease--

"I love you, Lee Dong Min. I don't care about who you are before anymore."

turned into this nightmare.

"Things change, Eun Woo. I'm really sorry. I am still hurt but I think all that's left for us is this painful memories eating me every night."

How come those beautifully beautiful memories turned into something he never wanted to happen?

"Eun Woo? Are you alright? You're zoning out a bit."
Sage says with eyes full of concern.

"Oh. I'm sorry. I'm just thinking."
Eun Woo then tries to start a new conversation.
"So how did you happen to build Chasin' Sages Korea?"

Sage stops for a bit and realises that the Seoul Fashion week is coming next week. Her birthday is on the next day of the fashion show and it surely be a busy day for her.
She starts to wonder if Eun Woo knows her birthday. They had been dating for a bit before but they didn't really celebrated each other's birthday.

But she answers his question nonetheless.

"It's actually Chase's idea. Well, he's a model and he wants to be handled by someone so he bugged me to manage a new fashion company overseas."
She smiles.
"but those times were the hardest for me, I just got through my shoulder surgery and I look horrible. I don't wanna go out so I told him that maybe he could help me manage the company by being my partner. I just get involved with the styles we wanted to have on the market and he worked his best for everything."

"I'm happy you had Chase by your side."
Eun Woo smiles.
"Never thought I should thank the man I punched in the face days ago."

Sage gasps with his confession.
"Oh God! You didn't!"

"I did and he punched me too so it's a win win situation."
He chuckles.

"You've never been too violent like that, Dong Min."

"Having you without my side made me crazy."
He smiles sadly.

"Don't be like that, Dong Min-ah."
She grabs his hand which is placed on the table. His heart immediately start beating faster.
"I'm here now."

"If you do things like that, it's like you're asking for danger."
He says.

She smiles.
"Am I?"

He then pulls her closer and places a soft kiss in her lips.

"I love you, Sage. I still fucking do."

"You're damn attractive when you curse like that, baby."

Eun Woo's eyes widen as his lips form into a boyish smirk.

"Can I kiss you again?"

"No!"
Sage says as she run away from him.
The raft immediately moves but Eun Woo doesn't care, he runs after her like a child.

"Don't go near me! You pervert ass!"
She says, giggling.

"C'mon! Let me have my kiss!"

"No! Leave me alone!"
She chuckles.

"You know I won't!"

Sage then have no choice but to jump on the sea but Eun Woo dives after her without hesitation.
Now she can't move faster away from him, great.

Eun Woo reaches after her in no time and they are a giggling mess.

"Let me have my kiss."

And they kissed, under the water that embraced all their flaws and past mistakes.

They open their eyes and look at each other while smiling warmly.
The things underwater is something you won't expect.

Just like what you think is inside Sage's heart right now.

It's just too surprising to see that even Sage gets suprised with what she's feeling inside.

...
"Seokjin, where did you take her again? I think I'm hearing wrong things."
Chase says.

Seokjin smiles at the older man and gestures him to seat across him.
Chase visits Sage almost every morning and they hang out on Sage's house for hours.
Chase was just surprised to know that Sage isn't home today.

"She was out in the sea with Eun Woo."
Seokjin cooly says.

"What the fuck? Do you not remember what that man did--"

"I remember them. I know them all too well, Chase. More than you've ever known."
Seokjin says.
"But she needs him. He is the last piece of her sanity and we cannot take him away from her."

"But, you know that I love her."
Chase almost mumbles.

"I know that, too and God knows how I pray to him every single night for my sister to wake up and just say that you are the one she wants. Because that will be comfortable for me, too."
Seokjin chuckles.
"but I guess not everything goes as we expect it to be."

"Let's just let it all go for now, Chase. Let bygones be bygones."