We're Getting Married

Chapter 5

*~Grace's Point of View~*

Today is the day I am going to tell my parents about Elijah and I. I think today we will start planning everything.

I went down stairs to see Eli pouring blood into a cup.

"Here, you need to drink before we go see your parents."

"Okay." I said giving him a kiss before taking the cup and chugging it.

Today Damon, Jayson, Alex and Elijah are all going to my parents house. I want everyone to meet the people I'm living with. I had told her to get Aunt Linda, Desiree and Jack along with Gale because I had some important things to share with them.

When I was ready I walked down stairs to see the boys, all dressed nicely.

"Looking nice." I said walking down the stairs.

"Why thank you." Damon said flashing his handsome smile.

He knew I was talking about all of them, "Your so vain." I said smacking his arm playfully.

I walked over to Eli who was wearing a nice pair of blue jeans and a button up shirt.

He gave me a quick kiss on the cheek, "Are you ready?"

"Yeah." I smiled holding on to his shirt, I just stared into his eyes for a minute as he looked down at me. I was so happy to say that I would be spending the rest of my life with someone as amazing as Elijah.

"Lets go." He smiled.

Elijah got in the drivers seat of his truck with me in the passenger side. Damon, Jayson and Alex all rode in the bed of the truck.

As Eli started to drive to my parents house, he grabbed my hand and glanced at me.

"I'm so proud of you." He said out of nowhere.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Grace your life has been turned upside down, because of me, and you are still brave enough to marry me."

"Of course." I said looking at the side of his face. "Elijah, I meant it when I screamed yes at the top of my lungs. Just because one shitty thing happens doesn't mean that I love you any less. And it wasn't your fault, babe." I gave his hand a tight squeeze.

"Thanks." I saw a slight smile form on his face.

I nearly jumped out of my seat when the boys started shouting and laughing. I almost forgot they were back there.

Once we arrived at my parents house, I saw Grant out front playing with Jack while my parents and Linda were sitting on the front porch. Gale was either on his way or inside.

Before I got out, I looked down at my beautiful ring and smiled at Eli.

I got out and Desiree came running up to me. I looked back to see Damon, Jayson and Alex all fixing their clothes and smoothing down their hair to make them selves look presentable.

Desiree jumped in my arms and I laughed giving her a big hug. I had to admit, I was scared I would be thirsty for her blood but I felt no hunger, it was like everything was normal.

Once I set her down she gave Eli a hug and walked back to me, practically pulling me to the porch. She grabbed my left hand so she was covering up my beautiful ring.

The boys followed behind us.

"Hey, sweetie." My mom greeted giving me a hug.

"Hey, mom."