Til Death Do Us Part

Chapter 1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Eli's P.O.V.~ *Flashback*

I walked to Grace's room to see if she was awake.

I opened the door slightly to see her sound asleep. I walked in and stared at her peacefully sleeping face. I stood there for a minute before slowly getting in the bed with her.

Her eyes shot open, "What are you doing?" she asked moving the hair out of her face and trying to keep her eyes open.

"I just wanted to come see your beautiful face." I smiled.

"Why are you really here?" she asked sitting up.

"Well, I was enjoying watching you sleep, but I really did come in here to tell you something."

"What?" she asked.

"Well today me and the boys were going to go out in the forest to... you know," she nodded, "Well, I know how much you love it out in the woods and I found this beautiful place that I want to take you to."

She smiled, "I would love to."

"Great." I said giving her a quick kiss on the cheek. "We are going to leave in like an hour."

"K, I'll get dressed." she said getting up.

I walked out of her room and into mine. I changed into some normal clothes.

Before I walked out of my room I made sure to grab the beautiful engagement ring I had bought about a week ago.

I put it in my pocket and smiled. I couldn't wait to ask.

I walked down stairs and waited with the guys for Grace to come down.

As she walked down stairs Damon said, "So I hear your going hunting with us."

"Well not hunting with you, Eli's taking me somewhere." She smiled taking my hand.

The boys look at each other and start laughing and Grace just shook her head, "Lets go." She said.

As we walked through the forest I could tell she was about to ask where we were when we broke through the brush and made it.

I could tell she loved it as soon as her beautiful glassy eyes looked to the water.

"Oh my God. Elijah, it's beautiful here." She smiled.

"I knew you'd like it."

She turned to me and smashed her lips to mine. I smiled and kissed her back, sliding my tongue in her mouth.

"I love you." She said in the kiss.

"I love you, too."

She slowly pulled away and I took her hand, staring at it intently, thinking if how I would do this.

"Eli what are you doing?" She asked.

I looked up at her and smiled then got down on my knee.

She gasped, "Elijah." She breathed out shakily.

I pulled out the ring, "Grace McAlister, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me." I could see tears start to come out of her eyes.

"I can't imagine a world without knowing you were by my side. Grace will you do me the honor of-" but before I could finish she screamed.

"Yes! Yes of course!" she wrapped her arms around me after I slid the ring on her thin finger.

She wiped away her tears and kissed me, "I love you so much."

"I love you, too." I kissed her again.

She looked down at her ring and smiled. I knew she would love it.

I walked to the edge of the lake to find some shells for my beautiful Grace.

I snapped back to Grace when I heard Damon's screams, "Elijah, Grace!"

The man sunk his teeth into my innocent Grace's neck.

Part of me broke inside, I snapped. I heard Grace's screams and ran for the son of a bitch. I snapped the guys neck and threw him across the forest. He hit the tree, hard.

I ran to Grace and caught her before she could hit the ground. I lightly set her down, tears forming in my eyes.

"Elijah." She spoke as loud as she could, which was only a whisper. She was so pale, so drained.

I began to cry, the only person I had ever loved so passionately was being ripped out of my hands.

She wiped away my tears and said, "Don't cry. I'll be okay."

That hurt even worse. She knew, as well as I, that she wasn't going to make it.

"Grace no, no, no." Damon cried.

She looked down at her ring, "Grace, Grace," I cried, moving the bloody hair out of her face, "Hold on baby, don't leave me."

A tear fell out her eye and I gently wiped it away. She put her hand on my cheek. Her touch, it hurt, knowing that it would be her last. "Elijah, it's okay." she said. I sobbed, "I love you." she said, her eyes beginning to shut. Her hand fell to her side.

I caught her hand and held it, "I love you, too." I sobbed into her neck, holding her close.

"I love you guys." was the last thing she said before her heart stopped.

"No!" I screamed into her neck. "Wake up!"

Damon and Jayson pulled me back by the arms as I fought to get back to her side, "No! Let me be with her!" I screamed.

"Eli, Eli. Stop." Damon whispered.

I stopped struggling and Damon wrapped his arms around me, "How could this happen?" I asked.

"I don't know, I'm so sorry." he said.

Then it hit me. I could keep Grace with me, it was possible. I let go of Damon and ran to Grace's body.

I did the only thing I could think of... I turned her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I hope you liked it! :) Just Eli's point of view and how he was feeling.

Please Vote!

Comment!

And Share!

~Cayla