Waking Up

Chapter 15

Grace's P.O.V.♡

I woke up in my room, the memories of the previous day flooding back.

Eli sat at the edge of the bed, I sat up and he looked at me, "Oh my God, you're okay." He gave me a hug.

I looked around the room and Jax was in there along with Mel, Paul, Damon, Jayson, and Alex.

"Wait, how long was I asleep?" I asked, my voice was scratchy.

"Grace, you were asleep for two weeks. We thought you would never wake up."

Just to clarify I asked, "So like a coma?"

"Yes."

I suddently felt light headed, how could I have been asleep that long?

Reading my thoughts, Eli answered, "We think he put a spell on you, that's why it took so long."

My first thought went to the baby, would it be okay.

"It's fine Grace. We have been feeding you, so you and the baby are fine." Eli answered once again reading my thoughts.

I looked over at Jax and back at Eli, then back at Jax, "Why are you here?" I asked trying not to sound rude.

Before Jax could answer Eli spoke for him, "He brought you here, he's been checking in to see if you are okay, just like the rest of us."

I looked over at Mel. She wasn't wearing any makeup and I could see the slight redness in her eyes, like she was crying.

I looked at Damon, I was suprised to see him here. To be honest I really didn't want him here.

I took in a sharp breath, I really felt like I needed to do this, "Can I have a moment alone with Jax?" I asked them. I looked to see Jax's surprised face, almost as if asking why I wanted to talk to him.

They listened to me, Eli left with some hesitation, though.

Jax walked up to my bed and sat at the corner, "Why exactly did you want to talk to me alone?"

I took in yet another breath, "There's just so much that I wanted to do, so much that I wanted to say." I thought back to Kathy and I couldn't really explain without going into another fit of tears.

"You know she really liked you. She would always ask me about you, asking if I had talked to you. She liked you like you were her own granddaughter." I was glad he understood what I was getting at without me saying it.

Without thinking I sat up and wrapped my arms around him and let out a few sobs before sucking in the rest.

I didn't know if he needed it but I sure as hell did. I needed to hear that, I needed to hug him. That made me feel at peace.

Before he left he said something to me that I would never forget, "Kathy would have wanted you to forgive Damon. I did." And with that he walked out.

Eli came in and I immediately thought about Gale, "What did you do with Gale?" I asked.

"After I took Connor to the hospital I took Gale home. He was still asleep, he is fine now, I talked to him last week."

I let out a sigh of relief, "Thank you." I said giving him a hug.

"Of course." He whispered in my ear.

Just then Damon came in and knocked on the open door, "Can I speak with Grace alone?" He asked.

Eli looked at me as if asking if it was okay. I nodded and Eli got up and walked out of the room. Damon walked in and shut the door. He didn't sit on the bed and I was thankful for that. I thought back to what Jax told me and I figured I could do it now.

"Listen," Damin started but I cut him off.

"I know you were being a complete jackass when Kathy died, and it's hard to get over something like that. But I'm willing to forgive you, it's what Kathy would have wanted."

He looked shocked at first then he opened his mouth like he was going to say something then closed it.

I got up and I walked towards him shakily, "I promise, if you ever  do something like that again or you hurt my baby, I will hurt you like you have never been hurt before."

He nodded at me then walked out of the room. Eli came back in and immediately said, "Get back in bed."

"I'm fine, Eli." I smiled.

Then out of the blue I said, "I want to buy a house. We are starting a family, I want to move out of here."

He nodded like he was thinking the same thing, "How about we start looking after we tell your family."

I agreed, "Perfect." I smiled, "We should go tell them tomorrow, so we can get it out of the way. I know that my mom and aunt will have thousands of questions and plans so it is better that I get it over with now."

"Okay, it's settled." He smiled and gave me a hug.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the short and boring chapter. It's really just a filler chapter. The next chapter should be better ;)

Please Vote!

Comment!

And Share!

~Cayla