All Good Things of Course

Chapter 22

First off I want to thank all of you for reading!! Especially for all of you that have voted and commented!! :) I feel like I can't thank you all enough for all your reads, votes and comments!! :D

In this chapter Mel and Paul come to visit and see the babies! :)

Anyway, on to the chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was feeding Aspen and Dakota as I laid down on the couch. There was a knock at the door and Elijah got it. Hercules and Luna were right behind him barking their annoying puppy barks.

I could hear the cheery voice and knew it was Paul and of course Mel was close behind. They are really good friends.

"You got puppies." Mel and Paul said in unison. I laughed along with Elijah.

"Hey." I said not moving from my spot. It was kind of hard with two babies covering your chest.

"Hey, I see the little cuties are hungry." Paul smiled.

I laughed and finally sat up. They were finished anyway. I pulled up my shirt and pulled away the blanket so the babies were revealed.

"Oh my gosh." Paul said sitting beside me, "Can I hold him?" He asked.

I laughed, "Yes. But you have to burp him." I said and Paul scooped him up in his arms.

Mel crouched down in front of me and stared down at Aspen who was smiling at her.

"Hold her." I said practically shoving her in her arms.

"But Grace, I don't know wh-" she panicked.

I cut her off, "Mel, calm down. Aspen likes you. Just walk around and talk to her."

Mel just nodded and calmed down, taking in a deep breath then letting it out and walking away, smiling down at Aspen who happily smiled back. I could see Mel's mouth moving but I couldn't hear her and I chose not to.

I looked over at Paul who had Dakota sitting up in his lap as he burped him. I was surprised.

"Thanks, Paul." I smiled.

"Of course, my sister has thousands of kids. They're like rabbits. I was around them a lot for a while, I know how this whole baby thing works." He smiled and I smiled back.

"You do seem like you've done this a few times."

"Psh, a few times. My sister pops babies out one after the other. The little slut can't keep her panties on. I used to be the one to take care of all seven of her children. Finally she got her shit to gether and she takes care of her own brats."

I was holding in laughter. Paul was covering Dakota's ears as he cussed.

I finally laughed as Elijah did which got Paul to laugh.

Dakota looked up at us like we were crazy which only made us laugh more.

Mel came back with a sleeping Aspen. She handed her to Elijah who took her and Dakota up to their room so they could nap.

While Elijah was gone we started talking, "Wow, it's been a while." I said.

"It has." Mel and Paul sighed.

I got up and gave Mel a big hug, "God, I missed you!" I said and started tearing up.

"There was just so much shit going on in my life. I mean, fuck, I never had time to talk with my best friend." I cried.

"Do you want to talk about it now?" She asked.

I nodded and we sat down on the couch. Elijah came down and saw my red and puffy eyes and gave a weak smile. Then motioned for Paul to follow him. Leaving Mel and me alone.

I told her everything that I didn't get a chance to before. It all happened over nine months ago but it felt good to get it off my chest with Mel. There's just something about sharing things with your friends that changes everything. It gives you closure in a way. They make you feel that it wasn't your fault and for that I'm thankful.

The rest of the day was spent hanging out, a lot of laughing and dealing with crying babies. It was surprisingly fun. It was a change and I liked it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First, so sorry for the short and BORING chapter!

Second, I've been going through my works and clearing out some of them. I came up with a new one Slave to You it is a kidnapped vampire story. I hope you guys will check it out when I publish it! Tell me if you are interested :)

Please Vote!

Comment!

And Share!

~Cayla