Betrayal in the Air

Chapter 12

 Once we got back home from our honeymoon, the house was empty. I was scared, why weren't the boys here?

I could tell Eli was on edge too because he dropped our bags and ran through the house fast. Once he was back to me he gave me a weird look, "I don't know where they are." 

Just then someone walked through the door. I turned to see an unexpected face. It was Jax, his eyes were red and puffy like he had been crying. The boys were behind him looking pissed.

"What is this?" I asked.

"Well your dick buddy here came over and started whining about some old lady getting killed by vampires, so naturally he assumed it was us." Damon said lazily.

I froze, "What was her name Damon?" I heard anger in my voice.

"Kathy I think, right?" Damon asked Jax.

Something inside me snapped, I grabbed Damon by the collar of the shirt and threw him against the wall. I was feeling anger, pain, and sadness but my anger was overpowering everything else with Damon's careless, jackass attitude.

"You're such a jackass!" I yelled. I ran up to him and slammed him into the wall again, this time harder. There was a hole in the wall.

Eli tried to stop me but I pushed him off, "Not now, Eli." I said it in such I low voice it even scared me.

"Grace, listen I'm sorry." Damon tried to apologize.

"Shut up!" I screamed, "Just leave me the fuck alone Damon!" The boys were enjoying the show but it was over now.

I walked up to Jax and the sadness hit me like a train. The tears filled my eyes too fast to swallow them down. I could tell that Jax was still hurting. Before I knew it my arms were wrapped around him in a comforting hug.

I cried and said, "I'm so sorry."

I pulled away and he rubbed my shoulder, "Do you know this girl? We think she might be the one that killed Kathy." He pulled out his phone and showed me this picture.

I froze. My cheeks turned hot and I felt dizzy. It was Taylor. This couldn't be right, she was so sweet, so kind, so innocent.

I let out a wobbly breath and got up, breathing in and out heavily. I felt like I was going to throw up.

"You do know her." he said putting the phone away and leaving me be. 

Damon walked over to me and reached for my elbow, I yanked it away, "Don't  touch me." I growled.

My head became too light and Eli caught me before I smacked against the hard wood floor.

"Who was it?" Eli asked frantically.

This was all so overwhelming. Jax is hurt, Kathy is dead because of my brothers girlfriend. I took in a few deep breaths.

My dizziness went away and I was finally able to say, "It was Taylor." I let out a choked sob and wrapped my arms around Eli and cried. I wasn't said because Taylor had betrayed me. I was mad because I would have to hurt Gale.

***

Damon, Eli, and I were all standing in front of the local diner where Gale and Taylor were sharing a milkshake and fries.

I was about to take memories away from my brother that I wish I didn't have to.

I was still pissed at Damon beyond words but he was the only one who could get the job done.

I walked inside and, like planned, got them outside. They were both standing out there and it was time from Damon and Eli. I gave Gale an apologetic smile and hugged him and whispered, "I'm sorry." in his ear.

Before he had time to react Damon was already carrying him off and then he would compel him to forget what happened and to forget about Taylor completely.

Eli had grabbed Taylor and we were carrying her through the woods, "What are you doing?!" she screamed.

When I finally had enough of her screaming I turned around and slapped her across the face, hard.

"What the fuck is going on?!" she screamed.

"Don't play dumb. I know you killed Kathy, you bitch." I said, Eli let her go and I pinned her to the tree.

She didn't say anything, she knew what she did and she cut the act.

"I thought you were innocent, I thought you were sweet." 

Taylor suddenly changed, her hair turned short and black. Her eyes were black and her fangs grew in. At this point I knew she was more than a vampire, she was a demon, but not fully.

"People aren't always what they seem, sweet cheeks." she said lightly touching my cheek.

I moved away from her touch and stuck my hand in her chest, wrapping my hand around her heart.

"This is the start of-" I got sick of her bitching and ripped out her heart.

Her face turned gray along with the rest of her as she fell to the ground, stiff. I know she deserved more suffering but I just couldn't take it anymore.

I whistled and Jax and a few other werewolves showed up and a gave her heart to Jax, he crushed it in his teeth then they went on to feasting on the rest of her.

***

At Kathy's funeral I didn't say anything, I just placed a white rose on her casket before it went into the ground. There was nothing to say that hadn't already been said.

I was quiet at the house the rest of the week, not leaving Eli's side at all. I really wish this hadn't happened now, right after me and Elijah got married. I wanted this to be a happy time in our lives, not a fucked up one.

I still feel like shit that I had to make my brother forget his first real girl friend, Kathy's gone and I'm too lazy to leave Eli's side and talk to Mel.

Here pretty soon I'm going to have to get out of the house, it has only been a week and I want to get out of the house again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I LOVED writing this chapter, I hope you liked reading it!

Please Vote!

Comment!

And Share!

Thx loves!

~Cayla