Family First

Chapter 23

I was running, fast. But I wasn't scared, I was angry. I ran as fast as I could at the sound of my babies crying. Someone had them and they were hurting them.

I finally made it to the person who had them. They were in an old abandoned hut in the forest. My babies were laying on a table crying for their mother.

I saw the person in the corner hunched over something. I walked over to them enraged. I yanked at their shoulder and he turned to face me.

I screamed, it was Jax. But why? How?

I shot up from the bed panting. I jumped out of bed and ran for the nursery, not worrying about Elijah.

I let out a huge sigh of relief as I saw them peacefully sleeping in their cribs and only then did I realize I had been crying. I let out a shaky breath and bit my lip to hold back a sob.

Elijah came in and pulled me into him and carried me out of the room.

Why would I have a dream like that?

"What happened?" He asked once we were back in bed.

"I had a dream, that's all." I said, mainly reassuring myself, Jax would never do anything like that, right? What am I thinking, of course he wouldn't, I'm just thirsty. I need to go hunting today.

"About what Grace?"

"Um, Aspen and Dakota were kidnapped." I said.

"Grace, by who? That's what's bothering you, I can tell."

"Jax." I said lightly, surprised he heard it.

Elijah pulled me in close and I rested my head on his chest. He rested his chin on my head, "Baby, it was just a dream."

"I know, I know." I said and let out a sigh, "It just felt so real." I whispered.

"Well it's okay now. Everything is fine." He kissed my head, "Go to bed, baby."

I did as he said and fell into a dreamless sleep.

When I awoke I looked up to see Elijah smiling down at me.

"Morning, beautiful." He said.

"Morning." I smiled.

I crawled up a little higher and gave him a kiss on the lips, "Now that's how you say good morning." Elijah smiled.

I laughed and climbed out of bed. "Where are you going?" He asked.

"Watch the kids, I'm going to go get something to eat."

He agreed and I was out the door in a flash and in the woods.

It didn't take me long to find a deer calmly eating the grass. I didn't hesitate to sink my teeth into it's neck and suck the blood out.

Once I was finished I felt refreshed. I wiped off my mouth and headed home.

Elijah had both Aspen and Dakota laying on the couch, their eyes glued to the TV along with his.

I let out a laugh and Elijah looked over at me, "They're hungry, but when I put them in front of the TV it's like magic. They stop crying and just watch the TV."

I laughed and picked up my babies and started feeding them.

"My family's coming over today to see Aspen and Dakota." I told Elijah.

"Okay, do you know when?"

"Probably anytime now."

And like magic there was a knock on the door and Elijah ran to get it as the dogs barked and followed him.

I pulled Aspen and a sleeping Dakota off of me and held them. I knew my mom would want to hold them so I was preparing them now.

Aspen's grey eyes were looking around the room as my family walked in.

"Aww!" My mom said too loudly.

"Mom, shh." Gale said pointing to Dakota.

"Aww." She whispered.

I laughed and handed Aspen to my mom, "Aww, she is so cute." My mom said gently rocking her back and forth. My dad came up behind her and placed his hands on her shoulders as he smiled down at Aspen.

I looked over at Gale who was talking to Elijah so I went to Grant, "Hold him." I said holding out Dakota.

"No thanks, I don't do babies." He said.

"Well you do now, he is asleep anyway so you won't piss him off." I said lightly placing him in his arms.

Grant's eyes got as big as saucers and I wanted to laugh so hard. Grant was scared of him. How cute.

I walked back over to my parents and as soon as I sat down there was a knock on the door.

I got up and answered it. Luna and Hercules barking behind me.

I opened the door and saw Jax at the door.

I jumped a little, he was totally unexpected.

"Hey." He said.

I opened the door and he walked in, Luna and Hercules were jumping on him begging for attention, "They're cute." He said kneeling down and petted them, letting them lick his face.

I smiled, "Yeah. So why are you here?" I asked trying not to sound rude.

"I came to see your adorable little babies. I might not look like that type of guy but I do like babies."

I was a little uneasy, but why? Because of my dream? Yes. But that is stupid.

"My parents are here so you may have to wait a little while."

"I don't want to interupt a family moment. I will just come back another time."

"No, no. It's fine." I said, surprising myself, I was about to watch him walk out the door all because an act of my imagination.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah." I smiled wrapping my arm around his shoulders.

We walked into the living room and Elijah and Gale immediately greeted him and brought him into the conversation.

I looked over to see that my dad now had Dakota. I knew Grant would do that.

My mom was sitting on the couch with Aspen. Jax departed from Elijah and Gale's conversation and sat by my mom.

"Can I hold her?" He asked with open arms.

My mom looked at me and I gave a small nod.

She smiled and handed her to him.

She looked up at him and he smiled. She then proceeded to shut her eyes and fell asleep.

I let out a chuckle, my mom had been trying to get her to sleep this whole time and Jax does it the second he gets her.

The rest of the day went by in a flash. I had nothing to worry about with Jax. He was amazing with Aspen and Dakota.

Hanging out with Jax was more relaxing than I thought it would be after my dream.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I would like to do a Q and A for Kidnapped... Sort of and this book at the end of the story. I would greatly appreciate answering any questions you have! Pls ask me in the comments, private message me or ask me through ask.fm my username is @that_shark_girl I really want to hear all your questions!

Thank you!

Please Vote!

Comment!

And Share!

~Cayla