Baby Shower

Chapter 19

Today was my baby shower. Mel, Linda and my mother all took the liberty of creating and sending the invitations, decorating the whole house and making delicious snacks.

It was amazing, I was surprised by Mel's sudden drive to decorate the whole house in pink and blue.

I'm due in two months, the beautiful month of May. I couldn't wait.

I sat down on the couch as everyone came in. I was wearing two ribbons. One said It's a Girl!  the other said It's a Boy!

As everyone came in and set the presents down, I greeted them with hugs.

I was surprised by the people they invited. Mel invited Jax and Connor. Of course they wouldn't be staying with us, they were going out back to hang with the guys.

Desiree was being an excellent hostess, she answered the doors, passed out snacks and had small talk with most of the guests. She had everyone's eyes and ears, it was adorable.

Once everyone was there, we all adored the decorations Mel, Linda and mom had spent forever on.

After about an hour of chatting with everyone, Desiree announced that it was time to open presents.

I smiled at Desiree as she dragged me to the couch which was now covered with presents. I sat in the small opening on the couch as Desiree handed me presents and Mel got pictures and Linda wrote everything down.

I got a lot of cute baby clothes that I couldn't wait to see the babies wear. I also got a bunch of wipes and diapers which were greatly appreciated. Diapers can get expensive, especially with two babies.

Once I was done opening presents, I took everyone up to see the nursery.

I loved the way Elijah had put it all together. We had two cribs and changing stations in the room. One was across from the other. The one Aspen was going to sleep in was an eggshell white with peach colored sheets and blankets. Her mobile was adorable multi-color, plush animals all spinning on the wheel.

The shelf above her crib held all the animals and toys we had gotten from everyone.

On Dakota's side, his crib was made with a dark brown wood, it looked amazing paired up with the dark blue blankets and sheets Elijah picked out. His mobile was the same as Aspen's. They would both look up to see the colorful animals.

His shelf held his animals and toys just like on Aspen's side.

My babies would have the best.

~Elijah's P.O.V.~

As everyone started arriving at the baby shower, I went out back with Damon, Jayson and Alex.

We were all just hanging out when Gale, Jax and Connor came. I didn't know Grace had invited Jax and Connor.

"Hey." I greeted.

"Hey." They all said back.

Alex, Jayson and Connor all got into their own little conversation while Damon talked with Gale.

Jax walked up to me and motioned for me to follow him a little bit farther, out of ear shot for the rest of them.

I followed and soon Jax was explaining himself, "Um, I don't honestly know how to say this exactly," He started.

"Well, what is it about?" I asked.

"It's about Grace and your kids." He said lightly, his serious expression becoming stiff.

My blood ran cold and a chill ran down my spine, "What's wrong?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"My pack and I have been keeping a close eye on you guys because of all that demon shit."

"And?" I said growing impatient.

"Well we figured out that they aren't the problem anymore."

"Who is?" I growled.

"They're new, they're vampires. They haven't actually posed a threat yet but they have been watching you for a while."

Suddently I felt a little better, they hadn't done anything yet but I'm sure it was soon to come.

I let out a sigh, "Thank you for coming to me. Don't tell Grace, I don't want her to worry."

"Of course."

With that we walked back to the rest of them and acted like nothing had happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the short and crappy chapter it was mainly just a filler chapter!

Anyway in the next chapter the babies will be born! :P

Hope you liked it!

Please Vote!

Comment!

And Share!

~Cayla