It's a...

Chapter 18

I was laying down on the hospital bed as the doctor ran the remote looking thing over my oddly large belly for the ultra sound.

It's been three and a half months and I have had a few check ups with my doctor to make sure everything is okay and it was. I got very lucky that Elijah knew a doctor that was familiar with vampires and was happy to help.

I looked at the screen and never in my life had I been so nervous and full of excitement. We didn't want to know any details about the baby- except the health of course- until today.

Then I saw it and Dr. Gonzalez said it, "There's two!" She said happily.

I smiled wide holding in my screams of happiness. Gale was right, we were having twins. I looked over at Elijah who was just as excited.

"Let's see if we can get them to cooperate with me." She smiled. "Alright, what do we have here? It looks like a boy." Me and Elijah looked at each other. Eli was grinning from ear to ear.

"Let's try and get a look at baby number two. Come on." She was putting pressure on my belly trying to get them to move so we could see. "It looks like you are going to be having a boy and a girl."

"Oh my gosh! Yay!" I yelled, I couldn't hold it back any more.

After we were done, I gave Dr. Gonzalez a hug then we were on our way home.

I was so excited, we were going to have a sweet baby boy and girl.

Once we were in the car I turned to Elijah, "Call Jayson, Alex and Damon and tell them to come to the house."

He did as I said while I called Mel, Paul and mom. I told mom to gather up the whole family to hear the news.

Jayson, Alex and Damon were there before we were and they helped us clean up the house and make some snacks.

When I heard the doorbell, I squealed in excitement.

I let Elijah answer the door as I stood behind him.

As they walked in I gave them all hugs.

My mom came in last and was very excited, "Tell me, tell me, tell me! Is it a boy or a girl?!" She yelled.

"You'll just have to wait to find out." I smiled a sneaky smile.

We walked into the living room and I sat down in the extra chair Elijah and I had bought about a month ago.

As everyone sat down I started, "Today Elijah and I found out the gender of our baby." I paused for a minute and looked at Elijah then back at them, "Or more like babies!" I shouted.

Paul and my mom screamed in excitement as everyone else laughed. Gale stood up and said, "What did I tell you. I'm never wrong." He said arrogantly.

I laughed at him and Mel grabbed me in a big hug, "So I'm gonna have a niece and a nephew?" She guessed.

"Yes." I answered and everyone heard.

After everyone congratulated me, my mom and aunt Linda were thinking the same thing, I just knew it without having to read their minds.

"So what names did y'all pick out?"

I realized that I had forgot to tell them the day of our house warming party which was only about a week after we came up with the names.

Elijah had gotten caught up in a conversation with all the boys, even Paul was in on the conversation. So it was just Mel, Linda, Desiree and my mom.

"We came up with Dakota Jay Moore for our boy and Aspen Grace Moore for our baby girl."

"Aww, that's so cute." My mom and Linda chirped at the same time.

Desiree looked confused, "Ass pin?" She asked and Linda and my mom gasped while Mel and I fought back laughter.

"Desiree!" Linda gasped.

"Sorry mommy, that's just what she said."

I couldn't hold it in any longer, I let out a loud laugh. It was too funny, "Desiree, sweetie, it's more like as-pin."

Desiree's cheeks turned a dark shade of red as she hide her face, "Oh."

Linda got up to take Desiree outside but I took Desiree in my arms, "Don't hurt my precious Desiree." I teased. I blew raspberries on her neck making her giggle uncontrollably and Linda to calm down and smile.

Once I set Desiree down she ran away from me and straight to Eli who continued to mess with her and make her giggle.

"Y'all are going to make such good parents." Linda said staring at us in awe.

I blushed a little, "Thank you Linda. It's only because I was raised by the best." I flashed a smile at my mom who returned the smile with watery eyes.

"Oh, God. I love you, baby." She said taking me in for a hug.

The rest of the night was fun, we all sat around and talked and just chilled out. It felt like life was easier now that we had our own house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First off... Thx for the 1k reads! :)

Second... Idk

Anyway, I know that I never do this but I have a QotD (Question of the Day) and you have to answer (Please) :) I answer too.

QotD: What's your favorite food? :P

AotD: Pancakes!!! XD

Hope you enjoyed it!

Remember to follow me on Instagram @ that_shark_girl

Please Vote!

Comment!

Anser QotD! ;)

And Share!

Until next time,
Stay Beautiful
Stay Interesting ♡
Stay You

~Cayla