When Your Past Comes Back to Haunt You

Chapter 14

Today, after spending about thirty minutes by the toilet puking , I called Paul and Mel and told them I had something really important to tell them and that Paul would be excited.

About an hour later there was a knock on the door. Elijah opened the door and a smiling Paul came walking in along with a gothly dressed Mel. I swear the more I see her the more she changes.

Paul sat down on the couch beside Mel right across from me and Eli. The only person home was Damon. Alex and Jayson went out hunting.

"What's the news?" Paul said grinning and rubbing his hands together. I had a good idea he already knew what the news was. I could see Mel's smile grow as Paul talked.

"Okay, well," I didn't really know how to say it, "I'm pregnant!" I yelled.

Paul gasped and threw his hands in the air, leaning on Mel, "I knew it!" He yelled. "Yes!"

Mel smiled at me and for the first time I think Mel might have been tearing up. Her smile was wide and I jumped up and pulled her in for a hug.

We both started laughing, "Oh my God! I'm so happy for you!" She yelled.

"You'll be his or her first aunt." I said smiling at her.

"Really?" She asked.

I really did mean it, Mel knows more than anyone in my family so I feel more than comfortable saying she is my sister, "Of course."

She gave me another hug, "You're going to be an amazing mom." She said.

"You're going to be an amazing aunt." I reassured.

"I can't wait."

I sat back down by Eli and took his hand and gave him a kiss on the cheek, "You're going to be such a great dad." I whispered.

He smiled at me, I could tell he was about to say something when my phone went off. It was like the first time in weeks so I was shocked and looked down Imediatly. It was Gale.

Without hesitation I answered. Mel and Paul started a conversation with Eli and they were all laughing.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Grace, um, can you meet me at the park?" He sounded almost a little scared. Which scared me, Gale is almost never scared.

"Yeah, whats wrong?" I asked.

"I really need you." He said and I knew right then and there I had to go, but I was taking Eli with me. If he was scared that meant that something horrible was happening.

"I'm on my way." I said hanging up.

I turned to Eli and said, interupting their conversation, "We need to go to the park, I think Gale might be in trouble."

He got up and nodded. I turned to Mel and Paul, "Sorry but I have to go. I'll talk to y'all later."

I hugged them good bye then I was out the door with Eli. Once we got to the park I saw Gale. Just Gale. The park was empty.

I felt chills run down my spine at the sight. I started to walk out of the woods but before I could, Elijah pulled me back. "What?" I asked irritated.

He pointed, "Look. See them, they are here because of Taylor. They know that Gale was involved with Taylor. They don't know how she died so they automatically assume Gale."

An expression of horror crossed over my face. "That's not true and you know it. They will kill him."

"Grace, I know, just wait a minute, I have some... friends coming to help." He was uneasy about saying the word friends.