005-acab.

"The land of the free and the home of the brave"

  I had heard that statement many times. School, from my mother, and from many other people. My mom fell into the system. Before she became a druggy, she severed twenty-one months in Iraq before she was home for good. She got no help, no health care. She had crippling PTSD and used drugs to filter the flashbacks. 

 It started with pills, then heroine, then angel dust. That's what killed her. Not the drugs, but the system. I had no respect for the military afterwards, cutting off any connections I had to them after my mom died. 

 I had no interest in being around people who pretended to care when they couldn't even help my mom in her worst moments. 

 That's what explains my current situation. Running from twelve. They were close enough that I could hear their sirens, but they hadn't spotted me again since when I first started running. It felt like I had five stars in GTA. And if I would've been caught, I would be doing some real time. 

 My feet stopped at the apartment complex when I couldn't hear the sirens close anymore, they were definitely far enough from me that this wouldn't be a place they'd look.

 My fists banged against the door until one of the boys opened it and I rushed it, throwing my bag on the floor and taking as many breaths as I could. "What the fuck happened to you?" Ashtray came out from the back confused. "Ran from twelve because I kicked some guys ass, he tried to rip me off," 

 I sat down on the couch and he just stared at me. "Fuck are you looking at kid? I'll beat your ass like I beat his," Ash just rolled his eyes before walking into the back again. 

 "Why'd you come here if your apartment is only a few away?" Fezco sat down on the couch next to me, propping his feet up. "Cause of this." Throwing my bag at him, he opened it up, eyes wide as he pulled out the shit I had. 

 "What is all this?" He questioned. "I jacked the mother fucker. You have the wallet, LV isn't my thing but check what's inside of it. The kids parent's are loaded," 

 He pulled out a stack of cash and and some credit cards, a large grin spread across my face. "I'll show these to Mouse, put that cash in the shared safe, ginger," He got up, doing as told as I shot a text to Mouse. 

<<Dutch>>  Got some credit cards I jacked from some rando, can you do anything with them?

<<Mouse>> Yeah, I'll let you know when I'll come and get them

 "Mouse said he can do something with them. He'll want a cut of the money but the rest is gonna be ours. Hopefully the kid isn't smart enough to freeze them," Ginger sat back down next to me, swinging his arm over my shoulder and bringing me closer to him. "You getting soft?" My voice was something I knew he was attracted to. The light Spanish and New York accent was something he was becoming fond of.

 For context, I didn't live in L.A my entire life, I moved here when I was younger, maybe about twelve. I had to leave my entire life behind because my mom kept getting sent to different places. It was annoying. Eventually I got stuck here in the wilds. 

 "Never... I just like having you around. You're like a change of scenery, Dutch," I hid my smile, not wanting him to feel a bit of power over me. "You aren't-"

 My phone dinged and ringed, cutting me off. 

 <<BB>> Nate's getting arrested

<<Dominique>> Wtf. Why? I'm coming down there

<<BB>> Maddy.

 Of course. I didn't want to jump to conclusions but of course she had something to do with it. 

 I got up, grabbing my bag and placing it on my back. "I need you to drop me off at the precinct, Jacobs got arrested. I'm gonna have to meet his parent's there or I'll never hear the end of it from them," Fezco grabbed his keys before stopping in his tracks. "Where's your car?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow. "Probably getting towed, now come the fuck on, ginger," 

❃ǝuıɯɐdoᗡ❃

  "You sure this is a good idea? You're still wearing your clothes from earlier," I shrugged. "What else am I supposed to wear?" I asked. He hesitated before letting out a brief sigh, reaching in the back of his car and throwing a hoodie and a pair of sweats at me. "You just keep these lying around?" I had already undressed in front of him before, yet he still looked away when I started pulling my clothes off. 

 "You never know. Text me later so I know your good..." 

 "Yeah, sure. I'll text you. And let Ash know we've got a lesson tomorrow when I get out of school," I got out of the car, rushing into the precinct. Now, it wasn't the smartest idea to be in here. Just because of the fact they'll probably profile me because of my tattoos. And while they wouldn't be wrong, I'm not in the mood to feel like shit. 

  As I stepped in, I instantly spotted his parents who were waiting very impatiently for him. "Hey, is Nate okay? What happened?" Mrs. Jacobs face softened at the sight of me, instantly wrapping her arms around me tightly. "Maddy made a police report, she said he choked her the night of the carnival after she made that big scene," 

 This was probably true, I wouldn't put it past Nate. He had anger issues, and he's even tried to put his hands on me a couple times but he knew better. He knows I have connects; a small piece of family left. 

 "That's bullshit, he wouldn't do anything like that!" I lied straight through my teeth. She pulled me down into the chair next to her that was between her and Mr. Jacobs. You'd think it would be weird to be around him with everything I've got on him, but I found the man comforting in a really pathetic way. 

 "I know Dominique, hopefully this will be all over soon," 

 I had seen too many familiar faces come into the station today. Jules, Maddy, it kept piling. But soon enough, Jacobs came out. "What the fuck Jacobs? You almost gave me a heart attack," He wrapped his arms around me. He was much taller than me, he towered over me. "I'm fine, come on, I wanna get the fuck out here," 

 ❃ǝuıɯɐdoᗡ❃