008-Winter Formal.

As far as I can remember, I wasn't ever the type for dances and proms. If I went, it was because Lexi and everyone else dragged me out and force me to be with the queen bitch herself. Maddy would always try and out do me. I guess she was intimidated.

I never missed a chance to get dressed up and look nice, or a chance to make money. The difference between this night and others is the fact that there will chaperones around, watching everyone's every move.  I had to be careful, and I sure as hell couldn't bring a bag with me or that would look sketchy. Most of the teachers didn't give a shit about what I did, so the plan was to sell in the hallway. I, for obvious reason, wasn't going to sell out of my locker. I was going to use someone else's.

Fezco wasn't the type for things like this, and while we weren't officially together, I had still begged and pleaded with him. And to no avail, he repeatedly said no each time. I wasn't surprised, I just thought it would be a good opportunity for the both of us.

Him and I spent almost every second of everyday with each other besides when he needed to take care of his grandma or had to do deals that he thought were "too sketchy" for me to go with him. It was ironic that he thought I wouldn't be able to handle myself given the fact that I've been selling for years. Maybe he was just overprotective, he didn't have much family as bad as it is. And while I completely understand his concern, there shouldn't have been any in the first place.

"You look like a whore, do you think they'll let you in like that?" Avy and I were driving to the school. "Half those teachers don't give a single fuck about what I do, i'll be fine," We pulled up and I parked before we got out and stepped into the school. We were immediately greeted by familiar faces; Ones I sold to, ones I used to be friends with, ones who wanted to be friends with me, and people I was cool with or hated. I stopped at my designated locker for the night while Avy made her way to the actual winter formal.

❃ǝuıɯɐdoᗡ❃

Everything was fine until that call, I was fine until that call. Rue. Of course. It always had to be her, didn't it? She could stay clean for a fucking second, could she? I mean, once a junky, always a junky... I would know. I mean, I get it, addictions hard, but it's like she's not even trying at this point. Honestly, I don't think she ever was.

"What the fuck Bennett? What the fuck happened?"I watched as Rue stumbled over her own feet. It's like she was completely gone, there wasn't a bit of consciousness in her body. All she could seem to let out was a few groans.

If I was being completely transparent in this moment, I wanted whatever it is she took. Something about the way she was gone from her body... I wanted that too. "What did you take?" Her hand pointed towards the steps, so that's where I went. My feet carried me to her room... Her very familiar room.

There it was, laying there in all it's glory. My heart beat out of my chest as I felt the urge start to rise and take me over. My mother watered for the drugged I tried to stay away from. I couldn't bring myself to touch it, feeling too guilty. I know Selene's probably screaming at me right now, telling me not to do it. She's probably crying about how I'll hurt Avy, Ash, and Fezco. Damn... That boy had such a hold on my heart and mind.

The feelings we share for each other... I've never had with anyone else. I had never experienced pure tranquility in all my years of living until my hands got to roam him, until I got to study his mind and body to a T. I had put my heart and soul into that carrot.

"you a drug addict. I don't take nothing a drug addict says personally. Cause I don't believe nothing a drug addict say. I love you, I hate you, you the best, go fuck yourself...It's all the same shit, you know what I'm saying? Ya'll just looking for an angle in."

In a moment of pure honesty, Fezco's statement from Halloween night stuck with me; Replaying in my head over and over again, taunting me. And I as I tried to stay sober after that night, as much as I tried to hold on to my sobriety, I guess that wasn't enough, because by the looks of things, I might not even wake up from the white powder that now coats my nose.

❃ǝuıɯɐdoᗡ❃