007-Confrontation.

I hadn't stepped a single foot inside of that god forsaken school in a while. I was too engulfed in Fezco, too obsessed with his presence. His scent of weed and his cologne, his red hair and those brown eyes. I was spending almost everyday with him by now. I only went home to do the necessities and make sure Avyanna was okay and doing what she needed to do. 

 Avy would stop by Fezco's after school sometimes to hang out with us, talk, and then she'd leave. She spent most of her time with her friends before crashing back at our place. Hopefully she wasn't doing anything stupid. She's usually under constant supervision by me, but lately, I've been letting her set off on her own. 

 I was sitting behind the counter, listening to the conversation Nate and Fezco were having. I could be nosy sometimes but hey, I like watching shit go down. 

 "Aren't you like her drug dealer?" Something in me said things were gonna get out of hand, or maybe that was some sort of anxiety rising in me. 

 "Nah man..." Fezco's raspy voice sent shivers down my spine. It was one of purely dominance, he knew exactly what it could do to me when he wanted it to. "What are you in a relationship?" I wasn't one to share all my secrets with everybody, and although Fezco and I weren't together, Nate made me want to rip both of them apart right now. 

 "Nah bruh, that's like my family."

 "So it's platonic?" Nice observation dumbass. "Look man, all I'm saying is leave her and her friends alone."

 That wasn't a smart choice of words. I knew Nate, and I knew how easily angered he was. "Was that a threat?" 

 "Nah, I'm just telling you..."

 Things went quiet for a moment, making me think everything was okay. "Fezco, let's get this straight. You're like half a retard, you dropped out of school at twenty, and now your a gangster. What are you like fucking Tony Montana? What is it?" Again, poor choice of words. Fezco wasn't someone you could get riled up easily, but when he was, he saw red. 

 It was Nate's "Go fuck yourself" That I knew would make me have to intervene, but I stopped myself. I wasn't going to make Fezco look weak, he could handle his own, always has. 

 "Listen bruh, all I'm saying... You keep fucking with Rue and her friends and Ima kill you." 

 Once Nate left, I got up and walked over to where the carrot was. "You okay...?" My voice trailed as I waited for an answer I never got. My hand reached for his, giving a small squeeze in which he returned. "That was hot... Anger makes you even more fine, play boy," 

 "Not right now, Dutch," I scoffed, pulling my hand away. "What? You too good for me now too? I'm leaving," His hand gripped my arm as I tried to walk away, making me stop in my tracks. "That's not what I mean and you know that mama's... I'm sorry, get yo ass back here."

 He was a great kisser, a great lover. He was a softy on the inside.

 "Me gustas tú..." He smiled a little. "I like you too, ma,"

"Oh wow, I didn't know you understood spanish," He shrugged a little, closing the register. "I know some shit,"

 "Hey, I'm sorry about Jacobs. He can be a real dick sometimes," 

 "It's not your problem. Don't stress yourself out, let me worry about shit. You just sit there and look beautiful,"

 "We gotta get back soon, I promised Ash some food." He threw me the keys to the car and I went outside, starting it up. 

 <<Ava>> I'm at Fezco's with Ash

<<Domo>>  I thought you had plans? What happened?

<<Ava>> Rue and Jules ditched me and nobody else is answering.
                  Are you cooking tonight?

<<Domo>> Yeah, Fez and I will be there soon. Sit tight until then

❃ǝuıɯɐdoᗡ❃

The kids were fed and were hanging out while Fezco and I were sitting in his room smoking and watching a movie. "I like those shorts," He hadn't spoken much since we've been back, in fact, that was the first sentence he has spoken to me since we entered the house. "Kinda forgot I had them, had no reason to show my ass off before," 

 He rolled his eyes so hard they would've probably fallen out. Pulling me closer to him, he brought me on top and straddling him. My thumbs were rubbing over his jawline as our eyes connected. "What's going on with you, pa? You seem distant," He sighed. "I'm worried about Rue, that Jacobs kid is fucked up in the head," 

 I never liked anyone speaking bad about Nate, but lately I've stopped caring. He stopped texting, stopped calling, and barely spoke a word to me whenever we did see each other. I wasn't going to try for someone who wasn't trying for me. And his views on Fezco didn't make it any better. Happiness over history, I think I'm to the point I'd choose Fez and Ash over him and everyone else. 

 "I know, amour... He's a dick. I've been dealing with him since I first moved here. But you gotta learn to ignore him, you can't let him get the best of you," He nodded before pulling the covers over us and turning the TV off. "You think Ash will set the living room up for Avyanna?" I shrugged, getting up and heading to Ash's room which earned a groan from Fezco. 

 He trailed behind me though, his hand laced with mine. "Hey, what are you too doing?" the creaked open as I saw both of them seated in front of their phones laughing. "Ash was just showing me this video on Instagram he saw,"  

 My focus was on the two kids in front of me. Avy was truly happy in this moment, something I'd rarely ever see from the young girl. Depression had become her best friend over the years which scared me. Depression is just one of the things that drove me to pills. 

 But right now, in this moment, it felt like everything was okay. I had Ash, Avy, and most importantly, Fezco. 

 "Can you set up the living room for Avy? I don't want her at the crib alone." He nodded, getting up and she followed. Fezco smiled down at me. "You think he has a crush?" 

 "That means we'd be one big family of incest and that, my good sir, is disgusting," His smile turned to a grin making my eye brows furrow in confusion. "You said a family..."

 His smile became contagious. "Yeah... I guess I did..."

❃ǝuıɯɐdoᗡ❃