028-For The Love of God.

Last night was a bummer, my family can be real assholes. Today wasn't any better though, I got a call from the kids school saying I needed to come in because they got in trouble. I ask one thing of them and they can't even do it. I'm not gonna blame them though, they mentality is toxic as hell. 

 Fez let me take his car since I still haven't gotten mine back or a new one, I really got to get a new one. Otherwise, this one car situation is gonna get hard. I sat in the principles office talking to the dean. "We do not tolerate this behavior in our school, Ms.Amana. We have a three strike system in place, one a child reaches three strikes they will have to expelled... They are great kids, I hope you and the two of them keep this in mind." 

 Walking out of the office, I motioned for the kids to follow me. When we got home, I was pissed as hell. There is no way they can get kicked out of this school, it's the only Jr/Sr high in the district, we'd have to move again if they kept this up. "For once can you act like young adults and not cause an issue?!" I was wrong for screaming, for forcing them to grow up, but I was tired. 

 "We've been acting like adults our entire lives, besides, it wasn't even our fault. They were messing with Avy so I stepped in and things just went wrong." I rolled my eyes, sitting at the Island. "Three strikes, this is your first one. Two more and we'll have to move again, and we aren't going back to where we were. I'm doing everything I can to give the two of you everything Fez and I didn't have." 

 As if on cue, the red head came downstairs obviously confused at all the noise. "Guess what happened today?" He rose an eyebrow, meaning that I should continue. "They got into a fight, an all out brawl and you know what their principle told me? They have a three strike system. So you know what that means? No phones, no tv's, you better go do the mountain of homework you have and hope I don't stay on your asses."

 I was practically a mother... And motherhood isn't as easy as everyone makes it seem. I'm struggling trying to take care of them and maintain my own life and goals, It's gonna be even harder when I start at UCLA. Fuck, I forgot to talk to Fez about UCLA. 

 "Before you leave, we have to talk." Once again, he raised an eyebrow. Bu this time he came over and sat next to me. "What's gong on, ma?" I sighed, I hate when he calls me that. It makes me melt, it's how he gets his way, how he dominates me. "So, UCLA really wants me to go and I think it's a good idea. I wanna get a good job and I'll be taking business courses, along with working part-time. But I need you to be able to watch the kids while I'm gone and then go work." 

 "They're old enough to watch themselves, Dutch." No the hell they are not, I refuse to leave these kids in this house where they could potentially start a fire like Ash almost did. "No they aren't, can you just work with me here? I'm really fucking trying to get my life together, Fezco. I need you to be on my side." I was his soft spot, and he was mine. 

 Fezco made me believe in something I never thought I would, he made my heart warm and put butterflies in my stomach. He made me feel like I was on top of the world. Although we've had our ups and downs, I could never replace him, and I'd never change him for the world. 

 "Okay,  I got you. Ima look for a job, just don't expect me to like it. But somebody's gotta run the store, we ain't been there since we moved." And that bursted my bubble, but it's not a bad idea. I could work at the store, Fezco and I could change shifts. I could get Avy to work there too since she needs the experience. "I've got an idea."

❃ǝuıɯɐdoᗡ❃

Hours of enrollment later and I'm officially going to UCLA. The staff thinks it would be best If I lived on campus but I don't have the money for that and I don't wanna be away from my family at all. I thought it was a good idea to go visit Jacobs since McKay is in town. 

When I got there they were both playing the game to no surprise. "Miss Hollywood finally showed up." I rolled my eyes, laying my head on Jacobs lap. "I've been busy. I just enrolled to UCLA and I had to go to Avy and Ashes school today because they got in trouble." 

"So you're playing mom now?" I groaned, nodding my head as confirmation. "Technically she's been playing mom since she was what? thirteen?" It was a ball park but still technically correct. "Are you guys opening the store back up? There's like no reliable plugs anymore." 

"Yeah, we're opening back up tomorrow, I'll be there for the first shift with Avy and then Ash and Fezco will switch out with us. What did you need?"

"An eighth and some other shit, I'll just get it from Fezco though." I knew the only reason he said that is because of my past drug problems. But I've been clean, and I've been doing good, I just wish they wouldn't treat me like a baby. "I'm clean, I'll be fine. I'll talk to Mouse before I head to the store tomorrow. Also McKay, I need some college tips." 

He smiled, playfully rolling his eyes at me. 

I missed this; the boys I mean. I miss when things were normal, before I spiraled, before Fezco. I'm happy, I mean of course I'm happy, but sometimes I want to reverse time back to before I actually was in touch with my feelings. Things were easier back then.

❃ǝuıɯɐdoᗡ❃