027-The Inevitable Family Reunion.

I rarely grew up around my family given the fact we were always moving to a new place after settling into the new one. But, when I was around them, it was quite literally hell. My family is a bunch of stuck up ass people, always thinking they're better than everyone. That's why I was dreading going to this one.

I already knew it was going to be harsh and awkward, especially for the kids and Fezco. Mom never really let the family meet Avy, she didn't want her to be around their toxic environment. But alas, here we are. My aunt, uncle, and there many kids had come to visit. I obviously wasn't going to let them stay here, mainly because we just didn't have the room for it.

I had kept an eye on the boys given the fact they like to steal, even from their own family. Avy and the girls were upstairs in her room and Ash was trying his hardest to get along with my cousins. Fezco was in our room counting money instead of doing it at the island as he usually would. I don't need snarky comments from my aunt.

"So, you've got your house now, huh? Starting a family young, I see. Who's that little boy? Don't tell me you got knocked up at a young age, I wouldn't be surprised. I guess you get it from your mother." I did my best to bite my tongue, this lady is just asking to get cussed out. "Actually, he's my boyfriends little brother. And I'd appreciate it if you didn't make assumptions, Tía."

"Well where is he? I don't see him around anywhere." As if on cue, Fezco came down the steps and over to us. He introduced himself to my aunt and uncle. "Well, it's nice to see you werent lying." I sighed. This woman really knows how to put someone down. "How about I start dinner for everyone? Fez, can you help me in the kitchen?" He was apart to protest when he saw the hard glare I was giving him.

"I can't do this, she's gonna have to leave. I swear if they break or steal anything in this fucking house, she'll be leaving with two kids missing." He wrapped his arms around me, bringing me into a tight embrace. "It's cool, I'll just scare them shitless. Don't stress, you've got this."

❃ǝuıɯɐdoᗡ❃

Everyone let out a sigh of relief when they all left. I turned to Fezco who was holding a broken resin statue of Buddha. Once again, I sighed, but this time out of frustration. "This was hella expensive, why do those kids have to be so destructive?" I threw it away and made my way to our bedroom. Fezco trailed behind me, closing the door on his way in.

"So..." I rolled my eyes. "Don't even mention it. I hate my family so much, they're always acting like they're better than everyone and call me and Avy gringa just because we know English as if THEY don't speak English as well, like it's not our fault we're bilingual." He chuckled, sitting down on the bed and brining me towards him.

"We can skip out of family dinners from now on if you want, keep the events during the day and nights for us and those two shitheads." I smiled, sitting down on his lap and burying my face in his neck. "I just want someone in this family to give you a chance..." He lifted my head up, placing his hand on the back of my neck. "I don't care if they don't like me, Avy does and that's all that matters. Plus, she's the only I might ever consider as family."

Avy was the first person to give the idea of Fezco and I a chance, that being said, it was honestly only her opinion that mattered at the end of the day. Mouse barely came around anymore, I didn't talk to rue or anyone from back home, so Avy and Ash were the only ones we truly needed approval from.

shit, this is a perfect time to ask about the baby thing Mouse brought up.

"Fez?" He hummed in response. I sat up and got on the bed, pulling him over to me. "Do you want kids someday?" He fell quiet. It was expected though, we never talked around things like this. We never even talked about getting married or what we would do when I start college and how he'd take care of things when the time came. "I'm not sure... Why you bringing this up, mamas?"

Okay Dominque, you need to play dumb. Although this is hard for you, try your best. "I was just wondering. I mean, we're moving on with our lives, finally becoming something. And we're already taking care of each others siblings, what difference does it make?" He raised his eyebrow at me. "You're seventeen turning eighteen next month, neither of us have jobs, and like a baby is forever. It's like both of us in one tiny human, I don't know about that."

"About the baby or the other stuff you said?" Okay, I was lowkey genuinely confused at this point. "About the baby... Your life is just starting, and I don't think I'm ready for kids. I mean, Ash and Avy are enough, a baby requires constant attention." I huffed. "As if we can leave Ash alone for then fifteen minutes, the kid almost burned the living room down the other day!" Fez laughed at the mention of the incident.

"Look, I'll think about it, but I wont promise you anything. I love you, and I'd do anything for you, but we just live our lives for right now and if it happens, it happens."

❃ǝuıɯɐdoᗡ❃