010-"Ala Rasi".

Heartworm:
 (n.) A relationship or friendship that you can't get out of your mind.

  I was used to people distancing themselves from me and walking away from my life, I had seen it since I was younger. It never affected me until now. Fezco hadn't spoken to me and neither had Ash, it was becoming irritating. So, today I decided to go over to the apartment. I had left some stuff there that I needed anyways, but I was hoping I wouldn't have to leave with it. 

They spoke to Avy of course, still letting her stay there to hang out with Ash. Avy would come to Nates here and there and talk to me at school sometimes, I knew she was disappointed. I had seen this too many times before. 

 Walking up the steps felt like a burden, I could feel my heart banging out of my chest. And when I knocked on the door, I felt sick to my stomach. There was no usual banter before someone opened the door this time, and when I saw his red hair, my heart sunk. "Can I come in?" My throat felt dry, almost as if there was sand stuck in it. 

 When he let me, the familiar scent of his cologne hit my nose as I brushed past him. "What are you doing here?" His voice was croaky, meaning he had just woken up. It was early so it made sense. "I needed to get some stuff... And I was hoping we could talk,"

 "There's nothing to talk about Dominique," No one called me by my first name besides Lexi and Nates parents. And Fezco only called me that when he was mad or irritated with me. "I know I fucked up with that OD... Call me a junky or a druggy or whatever you want but you can't just shut me out Fezco!" He was quiet as usual, but that only made me mad. He wasn't fighting for us. 

 "I can't be around no addict-"

 "But you can keep Rue around? What fucking sense does that make? I was clean until she called me over there because she was gonna OD and was scared shitless," I stopped in front of him, words pouring out like a river. I couldn't stop myself for some reason. "It's different, Rue's like my little sister, Domo," I scoffed, rolling my eyes at him. "So then what am I exactly? Someone to keep you company when you're bored? I love you, and I ain't never felt this way about nobody so don't you dare walk out of my life, Fez,"

 He sighed, shaking his head at me. He didn't say anything, he just lit the blunt behind his ear and started smoking. "So that's it? No puedo creerte ahora mismo, Fez." 

 "I like you... I just can't watch you kill yourself, Dutch. You gotta go," I couldn't cry in front of him, it showed him I was weak. So instead, I headed to his room and the bathroom and packed everything I had. I left without another word to him, I could see Ash in the doorway of him room watching me. He gave me a faint smile before I walked out of the door. 

❃ǝuıɯɐdoᗡ❃

 "Why do you have more shit here?" I was laying down, basking in my own depression when Nate walked in with his football bag. I didn't respond and so he sat down on the bed next to me. "What's wrong, princess?" I hadn't heard that nickname since we were little. Nate and Mckay called me that since I was younger than them and their parents treated me like royalty. They all had wanted a daughter, and so they took that chance when they met my mom. 

 "Fezco Is done with me, he said he didn't want to be around an addict," Nate's eyebrows furrowed as I explained my problem. "Isn't he friends with Rue or something?" He asked, seemingly just as confused as I was. "That's what I said, he contradicted himself in so many ways today. I can't believe I trusted him..." 

 Nate got on the bed with me, wrapping his arms around me. "Want me to kill the asshole?" For the first time today, a smile rose to my face as I let out a chuckle. "I'll be fine, I always bounce back,"

 "Things are different, you could relapse-"

 "I can't relapse if I haven't even been clean..." He fell silent as tension began to grow between us. "Dutch-"

 "No, it's fine. I'm fine. I'm so fucking tired of this. Stop treating me like a child!" He instantly sat up as I did. "I can't lose you, Dutch. I refuse to bury you and see you in a casket!" I said I wouldn't do it again. I said I wouldn't make him cry again, I couldn't see that look on his face again. "I'm sorry... I'm gonna get clean, I promise, I'm sorry..." He buried his face in my neck, his grip strong my body, not wanting to let go. I could feel his hot tears on my neck as they poured out. 

 Once again, I failed everybody I love.

❃ǝuıɯɐdoᗡ❃