024-The Perfect Imperfect.

I grew up in a military home meaning everything had to be perfect, specifically whenever we moved because Selene was getting stationed somewhere else. We always had to organize everything. I mean all the bedsheets in one bag, blankets in another, cups in one box, it was way too time consuming. 

 So when Fezco and I started moving some of our things into the new house while Avy's at school and Ash is nowhere to be found, we got super confused one which box was what.

 "You should've labeled the boxes like I told you to," He simply rolled his eyes at me. "If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself," His statement got him a smack on the back of his head. "Calláte, I'll leave you to bring the rest in by yourself," Rolling his eyes, he dropped the box he was holding in the living room. 

 "Do you think we should let them set their rooms up themselves? We do need to paint and I don't want to mess everything up," He shrugged, seating himself on top of the counter. "I kind of like it the way it is,"

 "White? It's basic. Come on, we could make it super homey. And we can actually do dark colors since there's a ton of natural light in here, I mean the majority of the walls are glass windows,"

 Fezco wasn't really the decorating type, it showed in his apartment. But he sure as hell could dress. "That's not my thing, but I'm sure you'll figure it out, mamas," I didn't even mean but but I cracked a smile at the nickname. It was an ick for me when it came from anyone who wasn't him. I loved hearing it roll off his tongue, it was my guilty pleasure. 

 So the fact I was in his arms, melting into him, didn't surprise me. His hand was latched around my neck, giving it small squeezes here and there as he whispered into my ears. 

 "You know you mine, right Dominique?" My name sounded so good when he said it, I couldn't even get a sentence out by the way I was whimpering, falling right into him. And right as my knees where about to give up on, showing my weakness, he grabbed me. "How about we break the new house in?"

❃ǝuıɯɐdoᗡ❃

 "When are you moving into your new place," I sat with Mouse in my apartment, taking inventory and catching up. It's been a while seen we've seen each other, and so much has happened that I just needed to vent to someone. "In the next week most likely. I'm painting and decorating since that's not really Fezco's thing, and I'm letting Avy and Ash do their rooms themselves since I don't wanna get the color wrong. Hopefully they don't make a mess with the paint because I really don't want to have to pay to get the floor boards cleaned,"

 "It's a nice place, I'm glad you're moving forward with your laugh," I involuntary let out a dry chuckle. "Those pills call my name everyday day since I stopped drinking. But I'm doing this for the kids and Fez, I can't ruin the family I worked so hard to build," I've never seen Mouse smile, but he cracked a small one in that moment. "Your mom would be really proud of you, you know that?"

 "Selene was worse than me, and she was a selfish bitch. At least I worked to get clean, even if I relapsed here and there. She didn't care enough to, and that's why Avy was left without a mother," He nodded his head in agreement, "Yeah, but you filled that spot."

 My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. How did I fill that spot? I'm just her sister, I'm doing what I can for her. 

 "What do you mean?" I finally asked, getting out of my head and back to the conversation. "When Selene died, you stepped up and took the mother role. It fits you well too, I know you'll be a great mom when you finally have some kids of your own," I scoffed. "There is no way I'm pushing a baby out of me just to make you a great uncle,"

 He laughed in response, "You say that now. And trust me, if it's a girl, Fezco is sticking with you forever. Something about a father and his daughter is real special," 

 I wish he never said that because it really got me thinking. I'm too young to be thinking about babies, I turn eighteen in a month. I don't want to have a kid so young, and I at least want to go to college first before I have a baby.

 I wonder how Fezco would react if I bring it up. 

❃ǝuıɯɐdoᗡ❃