025-The Bright Side.

I was born in the Dominican Republic along with my mother and Avy. We didn't become documented in the U.S. until I was five, that was around the time mom joined the military. Mom grew up knowing English so she taught us young, not wanting us to be looked at differently. 

 My accent makes my English hard to understand sometimes, so when I meet new people, they'll securely whisper sometimes. I got discriminated against and have dealt with racism for my entire life. But, when I met Nate and McKay, it all stopped. People were too scared to say anything rude to me. 

 When I grew up and everyone found out who my cousin was, they all changed their minds about messing with me. I became La jefa of our school, that was before Maddy took over.

 "Your room looks nice, Avy. Start getting ready for bed, you've got school in the morning." She sighed, sitting down whatever she was holding. The girl could be dramatic at times. "I don't see why I had to switch schools," 

 "We're no longer in the same county, it's a completely different district here. I know we made a life, I know we made friends, but it's time we move on from that chapter of our lives and start a new one. Fezco and Ash are our family. Once I turn 18, which isn't far from now, Mouse is signing his rights over to me. I can try to do the same for Ash too." She wanted to protest, but she didn't.

 I knew that the sea of a brother made her happy, because that's exactly what she saw ash as; another sibling. They grew to care for each other as siblings do, and it was the sweetest sight ever. 

 Although I'm still trying to get my life together, theirs is just starting. I don't want them to grow up like how they currently are, I refuse to allow generational trauma and poverty become who they are. I want everything that's best for them. 

 "Come on, start getting ready, you have to get up early tomorrow," She grabbed her towel and headed to the bathroom, good thing we have three. Theres one downstairs, one for the kids and Fezco and I have one connected to our bedroom. 

 I made my way downstairs where I would find Fezco, he was counting money at the counter. "You know we live around a bunch of Karens and nosy people, you really shouldn't do that with all of the blinds and curtains open." He rolled his eyes. "Maybe they should be looking through the windows then." I sighed, sitting down at the Island. 

 "Are you hungry? You didn't get back in time for dinner, I could make you something if you want." Fezco sat the money down, giving me a quick glance before he walked over to me. He wrapped his arms around me, resting his face in the crook of my neck. "Why are you so clingy lately?" He just shrugged and continued to hold me. 

 After a while it got boring, "Fez, let me go. I have to drop Ash and Avy at school." He sat up with his eyebrows furrowed on confusion. "You actually got Ash to want to go to school?" I nodded my head.
 "He thought since my tutoring was easy, he'd try actual school and after a month or two, if he doesnt like it, we'll pull him out and home school him. I want him to have an actual childhood, something neither of us got to experience."

  "I mean, you right. I never been able to Ash what you give him and Avy, you like the mom he never had." In all honesty, I took that as a compliment. I mean, I raised Avy basically all on my own, and Mouse only ever came yo get his money, give me more inventory or to ask how we're doing. If anyone deserves the mother title, it's me.

 "I'm thinking about becoming a social worker." He raised his eyebrows at me. "A social worker?" I nodded my head yes. "There's so many kids in the system, at some point Avy and I were in it. If I could prevent those kids from going into families that only want them for the money or prevent them from getting trafficked, then I'll whatever I can." Fezco is always supportive, except for when I make bad decisions or have dumb ideas.

 "Alright, be a social worker then, ma. Just don't bring a kid home." This is a perfect opportunity to pop the question. Not the marriage question but the baby equation. Although, now that I think about it, it's way too nerve racking. I'll just have Avy bring it up or something to see how he reacts. Here I go using my sister as a pawn again. 

 You know what, I need sleep before I make a giant mistake. "Let's go to sleep, I've got a long day ahead of me tomorrow."

❃ǝuıɯɐdoᗡ❃