030-Run.

(This is the last chapter guys!! How have you guys liked the book so far? I know it's taken a drastic turn but I thought I'd add some plot twists to make the ending more interesting. Not every book deserves a happy ending *wink wink*, let's see how Dominique and Avy's story ends!)

 Things progressively got worse over the next couple of days to the point Fezco wouldn't even speak to me. I had just finished classes and made my way back to Nates, packing my bags all the while writing a note in the process. 

 If I couldn't fix the problem, I knew there was only one other thing I could do, one thing that I was really good at curtesy of Selene. 

 When I was done, I made my way to a dealership to buy a car. It's good it's one Mouse just uses to launder, getting the car was easier than I thought it would be. No one could trace it, no one could find it. Afterwards, I picked Avy up from school, taking her to get food before going back to the house and explaining everything to her. 

 She sat in pure shock at the words I spoke, telling her the entire plan and how we were going to execute it. "So we're really doing this huh..." I nodded my head as confirmation, placing a hang on hers as comfort. "Go pack your things, pack light. We can't bring too much with us. Just clothes and the necessities." 

 She nodded in understanding before heading to her room, and I did the same. I packed up the rest of my clothes and other things I would need. I grabbed my book bag and took the last little bit of supply I had left with some money for Avy and I. When I was done, we met back in the living room before packing up everything in the car. "Hey, go inside and grab the box with moms things in it please." 

 I didn't care about the box, I needed to figure out what I was going to do about Ash. He finally had a sister, he had a normal life. And here I am, taking all of that away from him. I know the moment I leave, the moment I go to Mouse and tell him we'll be gone, he'll stop making the payments even if I tell him not to.

 Avy came back with the box and put it in the back seat before getting in the front. We drove to Mouses. 

❃ǝuıɯɐdoᗡ❃

 "You can't run away from your problems forever, Dominique." Mouse was standing at the car with me, giving me a small pep talk before I leave. Avy was talking to some of the girls. "I know that... But I'll keep running until I can't run anymore. I just wanted to let you know we're about to leave." He nodded in understanding, handing me the book bag he had. 

 "That should last you a while, I got some people out there where you'll be staying so they'll check up on you from time to time. Be safe, Dutchess." I smiled, giving Mouse a small hug. He was never the affectionate type, probably where I get it from to be honest. But I was my uncles weakness, I was the daughter he never had. 

 "Avy, come on we gotta go!" She waved to everybody before jogging to the car and getting in. 

 "Can I say bye to Ash before we leave? I just don't want to leave him hanging, I can't let him think this is his fault or anything. He's like my little brother." I hesitated before nodding my head. I couldn't take that chance away from them, they needed to be able to say goodbye as they would probably never see each other again. 

 So, I sent him a text. I told him to meet us at the old apartment complex, the one they would most likely move back to. 

❃ǝuıɯɐdoᗡ❃

 Tears threatened to spill as I watched the scene in front of me unfold. Avy and Ash stood there, crying, trying to fight their own tears as they said goodbye. I hated to do this to them, but everything was going down hill. I refused to let Fezco and I's failing relationship make me spiral, and the only way to do that was leave. 

 I hated hurting the kids like this, watching their eyes well with tears every time they speak. I hated the fact that my family was so broken, and that the generational trauma would most likely be passed down. I hated knowing that my drug addiction issues, my trauma, and so much more would be passed on to the child I thought about having with Fezco. 

 But who was I kidding? I'm seventeen, Fezco is almost twenty-two. This was never going to work. Our age difference, our mindsets, the things we've been through. We're two different people. 

 The fact we failed once more while together doesn't surprise me, he fucked another girl while we were together for fucks sake. He was all I needed at some point, but now, he was the last thing I wanted. 

 "Ash, I need you to promise me something. When we leave, you can't mention anything to your brother. You know we haven't been in a good place lately, he doesn't need to know about this. Here, take this." I reached in my book bag, handing him an envelope with a few bands in it. "Dutch-"

 "No, it's fine. Trust me. Just be safe. We'll call you after we've settled, we have to get new phones. New everything... Just take care of yourself, okay? And take care of Nate and McKay and rue and everyone else okay? I love you..."

 My entire life I moved, not only because my mother would be stationed in different places, but because she ran from her problems. We left the Dominican Republic because she fucked up with her parents and didn't feel like fixing it.

 I knew my life would never be the same after all of this, because although he was my dopamine, I couldn't stick around. My mother taught be the most valuable lesson ever, and I knew there nothing I could but run.

❃ǝuıɯɐdoᗡ❃