Chapter 29

~~~~~~~~unedited~~~~~~~~

The deafening silence that consumes them had begun to eat away at Addison, the air between the two girl's thick with tension. She ever so gently dabs the damp rag back over the small gash on the palm of Octavia's hand, careful not to cause the girl any more pain.

A soft sigh escapes between her lips, brows knitting as she rechecks the wound to make sure it's stopped bleeding. "It doesn't look too bad, but I'd still, uh, let Clarke take a look at it," Addison informs, placing the rag next to the bowl of bloodied water.

"Ye-Yeah. I'll, uh..." Octavia clears her throat, bobbing her head, "I'll do that."

Addison gives her a short nod, chewing on the bottom of her lip as she grab the dry piece of fabric she tore from the now damp rag before it became damp. She begins to carefully wrap Octavia's, avoiding her eyes that she can feel watch her every move, like a predator stalking its prey.

Having had enough of the tension, Addison sighs out the girl's name to settle the dust, but she barely gets the name out. "I don't care," Octavia is quick to cut her off, the brunette's heart practically shattering into pieces.

Addiosn's lips press together, time and everything around her seeming to slow, and for the first time since meeting Octavia, she wants to be away from her--far away. Addison's increasingly soft and sad brown eyes begin to burn, the wrap on Octavia's hand being quickly finished and tied off.

"Don't forget to have Clarke look at it when she gets back." Addison reminds in a quiet voice, her back turning towards Octavia as she fumbles with the damp rag. She rings it out over the bowl of a few times, only sniffling when the water leaves the rag and hits the bowl, before draping it over an object she didn't care to pay attention to.

Without so much as another word, she spins on her heels, making a b-line for the exit and swipes her fingers under her eye to wipe the warm tear away.

Addison suddenly stops in her tracks, doe eyes squeezing shut; she could be practically deaf and still make out the name that fell from Octavia's lips so broken and disoriented that it didn't even sound like a name, or a word, at all. She's heard her name being called out by the same girl in the same tone way too many times in the last few days that she's met with another breaking point.

Anger quickly builds inside her petite frame, her low ponytail swaying from side to side against her back, "Don't say that 'you don't care' and then immediately call my name like you do," she snaps at the girl in a soft tone, a tear running down her cheek when she turns around and looks the Blake girl in the eye, "Make up your fucking mind, Octavia." Her tone changes to a snappier one, "Do you or do you not? Huh? Because I need to know, before you break me more than I've ever broke before," at the last sentence her voice cracks, the pain and sadness evident in Addison's orbs and expression.

She continues to hold Octavia's glossy and unreadable green eyes, her own words stuck in the back of her throat at the brunette's words. Addison merely scoffs, shaking her head and tries her hardest to fight the tears away, but she doesn't know how long she can fight them.

In the blink of an eye, Addison is spinning on her heels and storming out of the water tent in search. She ignores the other delinquents curious and weird looks, eyeing quickly bouncing around camp. Liam's head springs up from where he sharpens his newly made knife, immediately tossing the rock aside, and sticks the knife in his boot.