Chapter 26

~~~~~~~~unedited~~~~~~~~

Thu-dub. "Ninety-three," she inaudibly whispers. Thu-dub. "Ninety-four...ninety-five...ninety-six..."

Thu-dub. "Ninety-seven."

Ten year old Liam chases after a nine year old Addison down one of the corridor's on Factory, "I'm gonna get you!" He exclaims, his hand reaching out to tap her. Addison screeches with a loud laugh when she glances over her shoulder, her eyes wide in excitement.

Thu-dub. "Ninety-eight."

"You should know better than to think you could beat me in a card game, Lee." Thirteen year old Addison says, a smirk evident in her voice as her slim finger points at the fourteen year old boy across the table. He bits the inside of his cheek with an unamused look and narrowed eyes.

Thu-dub. "Ninety-nine."

"Best friends forever, right?" Six year old Liam nods, taking hold of five year old Addison's pinky with his own.

"Best friends forever," he repeats in a whisper, too, their pinky's tightening until they turn white. Addison giggles, careful not to wake her sleeping parents. "We're gonna be the most epic bff's on the Ark," he laughs under his breath.

Thu-dub. "A hundred."

"Happy best friend-aversary!" Fifteen year old Liam exclaims, opening the door to the Anderson's quarters wider.

Fourteen year old Addison shakes her head at the boy, "Liam..." she groans, rocking her head back against the sofa. "I thought we agreed we weren't going to do friend-aversary anymore?"

He closes the door, a cocky smirk plastered on his lips. "Actually, you agreed to that. I didn't say I agreed or disagreed," he says matter-of-factly, plopping next to her on the sofa. "Besides, I kinda like it. What stories we'll tell our children," he dramatically states, wrapping an arm around her shoulders and squeezes her body into his. "Our children will be the next generation of epic bff's!" Addison chuckles at the boy hysterically.

She pats his chest, "Now you've truly lost it."

"Psh, lost it...I'm just getting started." Addison blankly rocks her head to the side, "You're just jealous I've got it, and you don't." She punches his stomach with a clenched fist, a chuckle escaping through her lips as he groans.

Addison's lips curl into a sad smile at the specific memory. Her breathing is now even, and her heart rate just as even and steady as Octavia's. "Better?" Octavia asks softly, continuing to slowly rake her fingers through the girl's hair.

Addison sniffles, "Yeah...thank you," she responds breathlessly.

She feels the Blake girl nod and pull back, "Good." Octavia glances at the hatch that leads up to the top level, her arms staying locked around Addison. "I'm gonna go check on them, but I'll be right back, and please..." she moves her hands to Addison's cheeks, "...don't go anywhere."