Chapter 41

~~~~~~~~unedited~~~~~~~~

Addison

Addison annoying rolls her eyes, "Liam, for the hundredth time... I'm fine. If I was affected by this virus, I'd be showing symptoms by now."

She glances his way from where she's sitting criss-crossed in her tent towards the back. The stone she uses to sharpen the knife Octavia made her ceases, while Liam stands at the entrance. "You were with Octavia," his obvious remark has Addison scoffing under her breath.

"I have my own theory, but whatever I say about being fine goes straight over your—" her words are cut off by Liam's quick hunching motion and retching. Addison perks up and her eyes widen. Fear instantly floods her as she drops everything in her hands and rushes to his side.

Liam sticks a hand out and shakes his head as blood drips from his chin, "N-No...stay back." He breathes heavily and spits the remaining contents from his mouth on the ground that Addison instantly recognizes—blood.

She ignores his desperate pleas and wraps her arms around his waist to hold him up. Addison awkwardly walks him to the dropship, staggering and trying her best to not let him fall to the ground. She can feel how weak he is by the amount of his body weight being forced onto her and how every few steps one of his legs would buckle.

Delinquents are quick to make a large path and keep their distance with wide eyes as Addison brings him up to the ramp. She swipes the tarps out of her way, Liam somewhat helping, and enters the dropship. "Octavia," she calls with a grunt through heavy breaths.

"She's not here," Murphy says from across the dropship where Clarke's laying. He slowly moves away from her and eyes Liam, "Is he..."

Addison nods, "Yeah. Is there anywhere to put him?" she may not like Murphy one bit, but the rare times when they can communicate without ripping each other's throat, they're able to set aside their differences for a short while to help one another.

Since the time she and Murphy met on Agro three years ago, Addison knew she'd never like the guy, and it's no secret. From that day on, they couldn't go an entire school day without constantly bickering in between classes or in the classes they shared. The only pro to knowing John Murphy is if she found him stealing on the same station as her. They'd  save their comments for later and team up for the night before going back to being 'Addison and Murphy' the next day.

Murphy shoos the girl that resided in a hammock near Clarke and pats it. Addison doesn't complain and awkwardly helps Liam walk. Noticing Addison's struggled attempt, Murphy is quick to leave the hammock and come to Liam's other side. He wraps an arm around Liam's midsection as he nods to the hammock and says, "I got him."

Addison reluctantly releases Liam and jogs to the hammock. She removes the dirty pillow and blanket the girl was using just as Murphy comes with Liam.

Murphy sets the upper half of Liam's body in while Addison grabs his legs and heaves them up into the hammock. By the time they finished getting Liam situated, he was passed out from exhaustion.

Addison sighs and starts to rake her fingers through Liam's hair, like she did with Dawson. "Where's Octavia?"

"She went to get more water."

Addison doesn't respond, and continues to slowly rake her fingers through Liam's locks that start to moisten from the sweat that's started to form from his high body temperature.