Chapter 4

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

  Octavia removed her arm from over Addison's shoulders then outstretched her hand, like she had done on the dropship

  Octavia removed her arm from over Addison's shoulders then outstretched her hand, like she had done on the dropship. Addison smiled and took her hand, getting pulled with more force than expected.

She didn't expect Octavia to be so strong physically, since she's pretty small like herself. But looks can be deceiving, and Addison just found out the hard way.

She stumbled into Octavia and awkwardly tilted her head up when she felt Octavia's breath on her face. Addison widened her brown eyes and took some steps back, smiling nervously at the ground as she felt her cheeks beat up. "Uh, thanks."

Octavia chuckled softly, and Addison met her gaze, returning Octavia's incredibly confident smile. Addison released their joined hands and followed after the rest of the group.

Liam smirk, "Already at first base, huh? I knew you had it in you."

Addison elbowed Liam —again— and he laughed, no longer fazed by her violent ways. She quickened her pace, as did Liam, and rolled her eyes in annoyance, "No, Liam."

She needed up in the middle; Octavia's ahead while Finn's behind her, then Liam and Addison, and Monty, Googles and surprisingly Clarke brought up the rear.

"Have we met before?"

Addison nervously glanced at Monty, who joined her unoccupied side. "Uh, no. I don't think so."

Monty skeptically eyed her before they widened in realization, "I have seen you before. You were the one always stealing my family's pharmaceuticals." And there is was.

His confrontation grabbed everyone's attention, especially Liam's. Liam took hold of his best friend's arm that stopped her from going any further, "Wait." Reluctantly, Addison met his confused gaze, "I thought you only stole them with me every once in a while when—"

Addison ripped her arm from his grasp and snapped before she walked away, "Can we not talk about this right now?"

"Addison—"

She stopped abruptly in her tracks and spun around, "No, Liam! Don't pull that crap," her face softened, as did her voice, "you know it won't work."

Liam's jaw clenched, but he remained silent. He knew better.

Addison shook her hand and spun back around, storming past Monty and Octavia. She kept her jaw clenched and balled her fists in her jacket pockets as she kept her gaze glued to the forest floor; she didn't spare any of them a single glance.

Liam meant well, she knew, but he has no right in telling her what she should or should've done to keep her mother alive. Maybe if Addison never gone to school that day, she wouldn't have been arrested, and her mother would still be alive.