Chapter 40

~~~~~~~~unedited~~~~~~~~

Liam

Thoughts and 'what ifs?' cloud Liam's mind as he desperately searches camp for Addison through the swarms of terryified delinquents. His hands clasp together behind his head and continues to scan every face his eyes can lock onto; but no such luck.

"No, no, no..." he mumbles under his breath, bringing his hands back to his sides. "Come on, Addison... where are you?"

The thought of asking Raven crosses Liam's mind, but he immediately shoots it down. He doesn't want to risk getting her sick by him just simply being in the dropship with the sick. Dawson was already sick, and he didn't want that list getting any longer. He curses under his breath and presses his lips in a frustrated line before marching back to the dropship. He jogs up the ramp and swipes the tarp covering out of his way.

"You shouldn't be—"

"We've got a problem," he cuts Clarke off, his voice full of urgency as she glances his way from the boy she's tending to.

Clarke drapes a damp rag across the sick boy's forehead. "What do you mean we have a problem?" her voice is hoarse as she slowly gets to her feet, using the dropship's wall for support. "Where's Addison?" she turns to face Liam, blue eyes half shut and full of exhaustion, as he shoots Dawson a worried look.

He sighs, turning his attention away from him, and to Clarke. "Yeah, that's the problem..." he shrugs, "she's not here."

Clarke sighs heavily, rubbing her forehead with the back of her left hand. Her lips press together in thought, before she comes up with her next words. "Have you checked—"

"She wasn't at her post and I can't find Octavia."

"That's because I already sent her to Lincoln," Clarke breathes out, walking across the dropship to a young auburn-haired girl, who looks worse than the boy she was previously tending to.

A stressful sigh escapes Liam's lips. "Does Octavia know that she's missing?" he finally asks.

Clarke shakes her head, kneeling beside the girl. "No," she wrings a wet rag that lays in a bowl of water near her before dabbing it around her pale face. "Just keep looking and ask Raven to help you, but don't get too close. You could still get sick," she instructs, and with that, Liam is quick to leave, with the mission of finding Addison still being his first priority.

_____________________

Addison

A loud crack echos throughout the silence that surrounds her in the forest. She bends down and picks up another rock, tossing it at the same tree she threw the previous one at with a frustrated grunt.

She absolutely despises the person she's become on Earth—a fragile and weak shadow of her former self. It didn't dawn on her until this morning when she awoke in Octavia's tent and saw the familiar, sadden look on the Blake's face she gives Addison when the brunette is in her distressed state after being traumatized.

On the Ark, she was never this scared and traumatized girl. In some ways, she misses life on the Ark, before her mother was sick, when all she had to worry about was passing school. She misses the old Addison and how carefree and giggly she was.