Chapter 19

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

  Addison sighed heavily in frustration and tossed her hands up in the air. "This is pointless. How are we supposed to find a radio in a section of water this big?"

"Are you always like this?"

Addison's brows knit at Raven's question, "Like what?"

"Pessimistic," she replies, glancing at the girl.

"Sometimes." Liam states from Addison's other side, continuing to kick his feet around in the water for the radio.

"Am not." Addison defends sharply, her eyes narrowing at the boy.

"Are to," he banters back with a small smirk when he glances at her.

Addison scoffs softly, "I am not a pessimist."

"Really? You sure act like one," the taller brunette girl replies, moving her eyes back to the girl from the edge of the water.

She narrows her eyes at her, too, like she did with Liam. "Why are you guys so adamant on assuming I'm a 'pessimist' ?"

"Because you are," Liam counters with a small laugh, Raven smiling with a small chuckle, too.

"I can see where they're coming from." Dawson pipes up from behind them, their eyes landing on him. "You have your moments. Or so I've heard," he says simply.

"Why is everyone calling me a pessimist?" she groans with an annoyed shake of her head, remembering the first night she and Octavia snuck out.

Liam chuckles under his breath, glancing at Addison. "Who else has been calling you that?"

The memory of her and Octavia slips back into her mind, hearing Liam's question. "Besides you three," she points to her best friend, Dawson, and Raven, "Octavia."

"Ohh, I see...you don't want her to be right because you hate being wrong," Liam draws out with a wave of his finger and a teasing smile.

  Raven chuckled the loudest at his comment. She flickered her eyes to Addison, "I think we'll get along great."

Raven chuckles the loudest at his comment, flickering her eyes to Addison. "I think we'll get along great."

"I totally feel like I'm being ganged up on," the short brunette mumbles, rolling her eyes at them. "And I don't hate being wrong...I just don't like it," she says shortly with a small shrug, averting her eyes back down to the water and continues kicking around for the radio.

"She totally hates it," Dawson teases with a smile, hitting the back of his hand on Liam's shoulder. Addison lifts her head and narrows her eyes at him, scrunching her features up in a mocking face. "Real cute, Anderson."

She scoffs, ignoring the way her heart fluttered for a second at his comment. "Whatever, Hale. You two can go back to camp," she tells him and Dawson.

The soft running of the water over the rocks underneath her feet drown out their soft laughters and the commotion of other delinquents Bellamy brought from camp to help look for Raven's radio. Charlotte's the first thing that's comes to her once blank mind, her death flashing through her mind. It's like she's on the cliff again, fighting with Bellamy and Clarke to keep Charlotte from going with Murphy. The past few days has been a mess for Addison—Atom's death, the death she tried taking so Bellamy nor Clarke had to deal with. Charlotte's suicidal jump to save herself, Clarke, and Bellamy. Her hanging that almost signed her own death, alongside Murphy.