Chapter 14

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

  "Jasper!" Monty sprang up from his spot against the dropship wall, racing to his best friend's side

  Octavia and Finn immediately followed, Finn grabbing the white makeshift bag of water. "Let's start with the soft stuff," he joked, smiling.

  Smiling in relief, Addison got to her feet, "No bloody way .  .  ." she trailed. As quickly as possible, she climbed down the ladder to look for the one person that needed to know he's alive. It didn't take long for her to be found, standing outside the dropship. "Clarke!" She snapped her head to Addison. In one breath, Addison rushed excitedly, grinning, "He's awake. Jasper's awake, and alive!"

Just saying those words in one sentence filled Addison with a sense of joy she needed; the same joy Clarke needed too. A grin surfaced on Clarke's lips as she quickly ran up the ramp of the dropship and inside, passing Addison on the way in. Addison spun on her heels, following after Clarke and climbed back up the slim metal ladder to the middle level.

"Was that a dream, or did I get speared?" Jasper asked weakly, a smile evident in his voice.

Clarke finished the climb, "You'll have a very impressive scar to prove it," she breathed out.

Addison's head popped out of the hatch just as Jasper smiled, responding to Clarke, "My Saviour," his head bobbed up to look at Clarke. She chuckled and joined the others that gathered around him.

Addison grunted as pulled herself into the middle level. She came on Clarke's right and rested her hands by Jasper's waist on the makeshift table he's laid upon. "I wish I had a scar to show off like you'll have," she smiled, leaning on her hands as she looked down at Jasper.

He lifted his head a little and raised a dark brow as he met her doe eyes, smiling weakly, "Hey, Addison."

She chuckled softly, grabbing his hand and gave it a squeeze to let him know she's there for him, just like the others are. Addison's glad at least something good's come out of this day.

"Thank you for not dying," Clarke said softly, voice full of gratitude, but Addison could hear the seriousness laced behind her words. "I don't think I could've taken that today."

Addison's free hand instinctively reached for Clarke's,. She gave it a comforting squeeze, and Clarke returned the squeeze, keeping her grip tight.

I'm glad he didn't die too, Clarke . . . Addison said to herself. "I'll try not to die too, if that's cool." Each and every one of them lightheartedly chuckled at Jasper's response. Octavia reached across the table and placed her hand over Addison's that's atop of Jasper's. His smile widened when he saw her, his face practically lighting up, "Oh, hello."

Octavia grinned as she gave both Jasper and Addison's hands a squeeze. Jasper's head slowly relaxed, his eyes shutting as he drifted back into a deep sleep.