Chapter 15

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Addison gasped, her eyes shooting open. She could see bright white specks as her vision started coming back, and could hear the muffled voices of the delinquents as they became clearer. The white specks widened into patches that soon blurred into green blotches that surrounded her as she continued to gasp for air.

The rope necklace is quickly cut free that opened her airways more before she's rolled to her side, her hands being cut loose. On her own, Addison rolled onto back once again.

She stared up at the bright sky and the leaves on the branches as oxygen flooded into her lungs more smoothly.

"Addison, can you hear me?"

She could barely nod at the deep, muffled voice.

"Is she okay?" Another more demanding raspy voice muffled in question.

She rapidly blinked, hoping her vision came back faster with the action. Addison's throat burned and ached with each passing second, her eyes squeezing shut from the pain.

She rapidly blinks her eyes, hoping her vision comes back faster with the action. Her throat burns and aches with each second that passes, her eyes squeezing shut at the pain. Her vision finally comes back all the way, recognizing the once blurry figure that's hovered above her.

"Octavia?" Addison rasps out, followed by a cough, her throat tickling just like it had done when she inhaled the deadly fog.

The girl hovered above her nods with a relieved smile, "Thank god."

Dawson smiles at their exchange, Addison's eyes finding his, and his smile grows. "Hey there, Nine Lives. You've got seven more, stop wasting them," he jokes, a small laugh escaping her lips at the nickname, followed by more coughs.

Addison tunes back into reality, chaos starting to break out. She watches Finn shove his way into the center, shouting and yelling as havoc continues to break out, until Addison hears the words she never wanted to hear from a child.

"Murphy didn't kill Wells! I did!"

Her eyes widen, not being able to take them off of Wells's real killer. "Charlotte, go, now!" Finn pushes her out of the crowd, followed by Bellamy and Clarke. "I-I need to go with them..." she whispers, keeping her eyes on Charlotte as she gets further away, "You guys stay with Jasper, and Dawson?" He hums, her head turning to meet his eyes. "Find Liam."

He nods, "I will."

She gratefully nods, flickering her eyes between the duo before she jumps to her feet. She watches the delinquents scramble to un-gag and untie Murphy, taking this as her chance to slip away. A hand grabs her wrist, yanking her to a stop when she starts. Addison's eyes meet theirs, "Be careful, ok?" Octavia whispers.

Addison nods, giving Octavia's hand a gentle squeeze before their hands slip apart. She spins in her heels and chases after the four, catching their figures just as they enter a tent in a small clearing. She snaps her head to the large group of delinquents that rapidly approach from behind her lead by an angry and vengeful Murphy. Her eyes widen, her pace quickening as she enters the tent her friends, Wells's killer, and the boy who almost killed her are in.