Chapter 13

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Hey, wake up." Addison stirs with a groan, her eyes slowly opening to find Clarke hovering above her. She removes her hand from the younger girl's shoulder and stands up, Addison's dark brows scrunching in confusion. She rapidly blinks the sleep out of her eyes, looking around the old vehicle to find the boys are gone. "The fog's passed," Clarke says softly, moving around the vehicle.

Addison nods slowly and closes her eyes again, feeling a sharp pain erupt throughout her head. She groans, cradling her head in a hand, "I shouldn't have drank that whiskey yesterday...or it's from my
concussion."

Clarke chuckles softly, offering the girl a hand. Addison gratefully takes it and gets pulled up, her bones cracking and popping. She groans softly, welcoming the sensation of her body being able to move freely. "I don't think it's the concussion. You shouldn't be having the sharp pains anymore," Clarke replies with a small smile.

"Then the alcohol hates me, as usual." Addison's eyes land on her jacket that's draped over a seat, practically calling her name. She raises her brows with a smile, grabbing it off the seat and slips it on before following Clarke up to the surface.

A cool breeze immediately hits her face, instantly cooling her off. She closes her eyes, soaking in the coolness of the air as she takes a deep breath, smelling the familiar scent of the tree/moist dirt smell she's come to love.

"Let's go. Jasper's waiting," Clarke urgently tells the group, shrugging her backpack on and starts walking in the direction of camp.

Addison glances at the boys before following after Clarke's fast moving pace. After a few minutes of silence, Finn beaks it. "Last night was pretty intense," he says glancing between Addison and Wells. "You and Clarke ever—"

"No. Not like that," Wells answers Finn coming question.

She raises her brows, flickering her eyes between Finn and mini-Chancellor quickly, "I am so not listening to this."

Dawson chuckles from behind Clarke, glancing over his shoulder at the girl. Addison quickens her pace and sighs, "How're you doing?" He asks once she reaches his side.

"Other than the fact that a memory I would've liked to have kept buried a little bit longer surfaced...I'm doing great," she gets out in one breath.

"I'm sorry that happened to you," he says quietly.

She turns her head and looks up at him with a blank face, watching his facial expression change. "You have no idea what I did, Dawson."

He sticks his hands in his pockets, keeping his eyes forward, "Trust me...I do." He meets her eyes with what she can tell are saddened eyes, his voice being soft spoken, "It's hard to live with something like that. Knowing you've taken away someone's life...forever."

Her eyes widen slightly in shock, "Is that what you got arrested for?"

Dawson nods, "Yes." He sighs, returning his eyes to the dirt path Clarke's leading them down.

"What a pair we make, huh?"

Dawson releases a small laugh, "Yeah, I guess we do."

They continue down the path, the entire group having gone silent. Addison's mind keeps wondering to Dawson and what had caused him to take a life, like she did. Was it out of desperation and selfishness of getting caught like she had done? Or was it to save the life of a loved one?