Chapter 30

~~~~~~~~unedited~~~~~~~~

Addison awakes to inaudible muffles and continuous footsteps stumbling past her tent, groaning at the rude awakening. She looks around the mostly dark tent with squinted eyes, taking note of Raven's nonexistent figure. With a confused sigh at the inaudible ruckus going on outside, she gets to her feet, freeing her loose ponytail as she makes her way to the tent's exit.

She's immediately met with a girl that runs up to her, eyes wide with fear as she frantically looks around. Addison's own eyes widen, fingers freezing in her hair that she had started to finger-brush.

"Uh... can I help you?" Addison asks with knitted brows, taking note of the girl's trembling and shaken body.

"Th-They're coming..." she trails, repeating the same sentence a few more times. "They're coming for us!" she suddenly yells frantically before scurrying off, repeating the same nonsense, but louder.

Addison rapidly blinks her confused brown eyes, head tilting to the side. She quickly ties her hair up in a messy ponytail, walking further into camp and away from her tent. Delinquents scramble all around camp; some excitingly or fearfully yelling nonsense, like the girl, and some confused of their whereabouts while others were scared of their own shadows.

"What the hell is going on?" she whispers under her breath, the previous events with Octavia fading as she tries to comprehend her surroundings.

Her wrist is suddenly grabbed, meeting eyes with another girl, her blonde hair done in a braid that goes down her back. "Am I..." she trails off quietly, avoiding Addison's increasingly confused eyes, and looks around them. "Am I pretty? Do you think I'm pretty? I'm not pretty am I? Oh god..." she rambles, beginning to cry.

Addison's eyes widen, "Uh... n-no, no, I think you're pretty." She answers quickly, the girl's sobs stopping at her words.

Her glossy blue eyes light up, "Really? You I am?"

Addison is quick to rapidly nod, going along, "Yes. Very pretty, now, uh..." she trails off, eyes darting until they land on a nearby campfire. "Let's sit you down, alright?" The blonde girl nods, allowing Addison to set a hand on her back, "Come on." She guides her to a log that sits near the slow burning fire, helping the girl sit, "There. Now, stay here. Okay?"

"No, wait!" she cuts Addison off, her hand barely leaving the girl's shoulder until she's pulled back. "Will you stay, please?" she asks smally before nervously looking around.

Addison blinks at the girl, loss for words. She doesn't want to leave the frantic and desperate girl alone, but she also wants to find someone that isn't going crazy to figure out what's happening.

Feeling obligated, she agrees. With a kind smile, she takes a seat next to the girl in the spot she had patted, the moist bark immediately soaking through her pants. Addison wiggles around uncomfortably but immediately stops with wide eyes when the girl leans her head on her small shoulder.

Her muscles tense, body freezing in even more discomfort. "Uh, what are you doing?" Addison attempts asking in a nice way that backfires.

The girl shrugs, lazily and almost drunkenly smiling up at the brunette. "Can't we just cuddle?" she whines, scooting closer to Addison.

The brunette nervously chuckles under breath, "Uh, not to be rude, or anything, but, uh..." she trails off in search for the right words, throat clearing in an attempt to say it nicely, "I—"