Chapter 46

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

    Liam

Liam awakes the next morning to find Callie silently scurrying around his tent, rummaging through extra blankets they had thrown aside during their night and sorting their clothes that's messily scattered on one side. Callie's blonde hair is now in a disheveled mess of a bun she put together when she woke up.

Callie was exactly what Liam needed. He felt bad for using her as a distraction, but his mind no longer wondered, and he was okay with it—for now. Callie seemed cool and understanding the previous night, stating herself that she was practically a distraction for Liam's wondering thoughts.

"What's the rush?" Liam asked, watching Callie slip her arms through her shirt in a non-creepy way.

She slips the mossy green fabric on, "Something's wrong," she didn't seem shocked that Liam was awake now, but the anxiousness in her tone had Liam furrowing his dark brows in concern.

He sits up, the blanket sliding to his hips and exposing his bare chest, "What do you mean? Are you okay?"

"It's not me," Callie looks down at him from across the tent as she sticks her arms through the sleeves of her jacket to turn them right side out, "it's something outside. The kids are acting weird."

The term 'kids' seemed just as fit to use as the term 'delinquents' since Callie turned 18 a week ago; or so she told Liam last night. The only one who's older than her is Bellamy.

"I can't explain it," Callie continued.

Silently, Liam stands up and stride to his pile of clothes she sorted for him. "Do you think it's something with the Grounders?" he slides each of his legs in his pants and pulls them up, the zipper making a broken zip noise when he zips them.

Moving to the top and only button on his pants, Liam glances at Callie's worrisome face then finally buttons his pants up.

She shakes her head, "I don't think so. They're not frightened," she tosses him his blue ripped shirt.

Not frightened? That didn't make any sense to him . . . Liam easily catches his shirt with a scrunched face, "What do you mean 'not frightened'?"

"If it's the Grounders, we would have known by now," she replied, her blue eyes boring into Liam's brown ones anxiously—anxious to see what's going on.

"Right. Right . . . right . . ." he muttered repeatedly, and nods while slipping his shirt over his head in a hurry. Is already messy head of hair was everywhere, only now it's worse, but he nor Callie paid any mind to it.

His hair has grown pass his ears, almost completely covering them. Liam never knew he had natural waves until the ground. His father was always so anal when it came to looking presentable. Since his father was well respected in the Guard, it was expected of Liam to be the best he could be; in looks, school, attitude.

He raises his arms and guides the rest of his shirt down his torso, "Alright, let's go."

Callie nods and follows Liam out of the tent. He scans camp as he navigates his way through the tents, throwing quick glances over to Callie the closer they get to the source of the commotion she had heard. Exiting the tent area, Liam's eyes widen; the entire camp population is surrounding the dropship, its large ramp/door closed with Bellamy being the closes one to it.