Chapter 47

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

    Liam

"Pacing still isn't working," Liam said, no longer hand-in-hand with Callie.

Folding his arms over his chest, his anxiety peaks just watching Bellamy's continuous pace. Callie's hands clamp casually on her hips, a sigh escaping pass her pale lips.

"Bellamy . . ." Dawson tried for the hundredth time. "Look, man, Liam's righ—"

"It helps me think," Bellamy finally said, ceasing his pace for a moment, his expression and the way he carries himself still tense. His reply had been soft, more airy than anything.

"I get that, but we need to do something instead of watching that door." Liam said, tightening his arms over his chest.

"It's not gonna magically open. Jasper's inside. We need to get him out," Dawson backed him up assertively.

Bellamy snaps his head to the two; mainly Dawson. "You don't think I know that? I'm trying—"

"Hey!" Octavia's voice breaks the air. She sprints to her brother's side, "I just heard Murphy has Jasper," she rushed, completely out of breath.

Bellamy takes a moment to respond, giving the same sadden and conflicted look to both Liam and Octavia, but neither noticed the quick change from that to 'Leader Bellamy'. However, Dawson did. As did Callie.

Their foreheads crease, glancing at one another. "Is Jasper the only one in there?" Dawson asked, slowly uncrossing his arms as he passes Liam, taking careful steps towards the Blake siblings. More specifically Bellamy.

"Yes," he answered too quickly, but his voice wavered ever so slightly that Dawson could barely pick up.

"Hey . . ." Callie called uneasily and looks around in realization. Her eyes then meet Octavia's before they flicker to Bellamy, "Where's Addison?"

Addison

She had moved from sitting atop a container to the metal floor that keeps her cool in the humid dropship. Addison sprawls her legs out in front of her, stretching and bending them every which way to relive her cramping muscles.

With her hands tied behind her back, she couldn't completely lay back on the wall, but she could lay back just enough to keep cool. Her right wrist aches more than anything. She curses at herself for being stupid enough to have broken it twice. The stickiness from her sweat that's built up under her jacket trickles down her arms, leaving an annoying tickle sensation behind that she can't relieve.

Each little move she makes to re-situate against the wall irritates each of her wrists that've been rubbed raw from her many attempts to wiggle them free, or to somewhat attempt to relive her right one.

Murphy had watched silently from across the dropship each time she tried, enjoying the satisfaction it brought him to see her struggle in the binds he put her in.

Addison's head rocks back against the dropship again, and her eye-lids close. They're soon snapped open in alarm by multiple loud pounds on the dropship door.

"Murphy! Murphy, if you even touch Jasper, I swear to God, you're dead!"

Addison knew that angry voice from anywhere—Octavia. At her threat, Murphy's lips tug into a smirk, "Looks like your girlfriend only cares about Goggles, here."